Do you know where---

I can buy a planar head for a Craftsman 10" RAS. I know that about ten years ago Sears sold them, but I guess product liability took them off the market.
What I want to do is make laps on some laminated beam ends that I have. Also possible is mount an old dado head I have on the RAS and cut the laps; I am fraid this would be very time consuming.

I have been eBaying and looking on Craigs list; but no luck.

Thanx in advance for your help.................Ray Gerdes

depending onthe size of your laps but i would use the dado head before i used the planer head...exspecailly since you have one.. the first set of kit cabs i made several years ago was using a dado head for the lap joints on all the face frames and doors.. and its still holding strong.

Sears sells a 3 cutter moulding head for ts and ras. I'm not sure if we are talking about the same item but I would do it like Larry said with the dado head. I think it will give you the results you are looking for:thumb:

In 1980, I bought one for a Craftsman 10" radial arm saw I had and it scared the daylights out of me. I used it a few times, and I guess it was safe, but the little voice in the back of my head kept telling me, "you need to find a safer way of doing this task". So eventually, it ended up at spring garage sale and nobody wanted it, so off to the trash bin it went. It is probably sitting about 20' down in the local landfill right now.

Rob

Just as a note, from the picture, it looks like it would be fairly simple to make a curved clear plastic Guard to attach to it to keep the Fingers out of the cutter, since it looks like the housing has wing nuts on it, but, maybe that is the guard itself, and it is just in the raised position to show the cutting action for the Ad picture.:dunno: