Porter-Cable Factory-Reconditioned Model 892R 2 1/4 Peak HP Router Kit

Bart Leetch

The write up on this router says

"Motor transitions quickly between fixed base (included), plunge base (8931), and traditional spiral down bases (690 series)"

Does anyone know will it fit the 690 plunge base?

Thanks

Last edited:
I found a website cpoworkshop.com that says it will transition between the fixed base, plunge base and the 690 series base.

The way I understand it is that it will fit all 3 bases. It even says the same thing on porter cables own website. Sorry I couldn't be of more help:dunno:. Hopefuly someone out there has one and can tell you.

I went down to HD with 690 plunge base in tow 890 series router motor does not fit the alignment pins are not in the right position.

They would work for a standard or D-handle base just fine because you start one pin in & the rest follow in a twisting motion.

Bart I have both the routers you mention. It was my intention to intergrate the use of the two but sadly the rack on the one needs to be removed to fit the other. Warning to everyone that rack is held in place by two very short countersunk head screws and the only thing they have to bite into is the thin wall of the aluminum casing. This rack is used to lower and raise the router. I eventually had to retap mine and put it together with epoxy to prevent it from coming loose so what was potentially a great idea for interchangability ended up being not.:(

Bart I have both the routers you mention. It was my intention to intergrate the use of the two but sadly the rack on the one needs to be removed to fit the other. Warning to everyone that rack is held in place by two very short countersunk head screws and the only thing they have to bite into is the thin wall of the aluminum casing. This rack is used to lower and raise the router. I eventually had to retap mine and put it together with epoxy to prevent it from coming loose so what was potentially a great idea for interchangability ended up being not.:(

Exactly what I discovered this morning at HD.