Rosewood inlay table

Al killian

Well I figured it is time that I start showing that I do some work other then ask questions. I ended up with 6 coats of spray on shellac and then french polished. Followed up by a quick buffing after the table cured for a week. Hope you like it. Thanks to all for the help. Thanks Tod for support line.:thumb:
054.jpg

053.jpg

Just for a reminder of what it started with.
DSC00826.jpg

WOW Al, that is fantastic :thumb: I remember when you first showed that and it scared me as it is not something I would/could even think of attempting to do..... you nailed it :clap::clap::clap:

Tom

That's amazing inlay and very difficult to do. I couldn't even think of a picture, let alone do the inlay and shading. Very impressive work.

It looks like work I've seen done in India.

Mike

The table was made in india around 1890. If you look at it in person you can see many small defect from being hand made. Some of the inlays are proud of the rosewood, while others are shallow. The owner's wife decided after doing wrok at one of there hotels thst I should fix up the table for them. I just wish it was in better shape when the brought it to me. Thanks for the kind words.

Al you deserve a woodworking Oscar. (sorry we dont have a smily tht has an Oscar) :eek:Wow. Thats recycling for you. Also well done to the owner for preserving a piece like this rather than tossing it out. :thumb: