Signing your work

I considered getting a brand, but much of the stuff I make doesn't have a good spot for one. (I don't want to brand either flat surface of a cutting board, and most of my bowls have too small of a foot to brand.) For my turnings, right now I just use an extra fine point Sharpie to write my initials, the species, the date, and the series number. (Red Eucalyptus 1, Red Eucalyptus 2, etc.)

Someday I'd still like a brand for bigger pieces, but I'd want it to be of my own design. Dunno what that design would be, but I'd want something different from everyone else. ;)

Well you said you wanted something unique

Custom built branding iron that has an arc to accomodate the bull nose

and a split message line!

Jay

Gift

LOML bought me for Christmas a branding iron to do signatures on my work. Non electric. She got it @ Rockler. I guess she likes my work a little bit or she wouldn't want our name on it:D :)

your own style

VAUGHN:
Someday I'd still like a brand for bigger pieces, but I'd want it to be of my own design. Dunno what that design would be, but I'd want something different from everyone else. ;)[/QUOTE]

vaughn look up a plate engraver, they do etchings in magnesium for plates and all they need is a piece of film or electronic file.. you can have complete freedom of design then. and connect it to a electric rod or heat it with a heat source.