Table-Saw Panel Lifter

Frank Townend

Just got my latest Lee Valley Catalog and one item jumped out at me as an answer to those who, by "Doctor's Orders", have been told to take it a bit easy in the shop.

Manipulating sheet stock onto a table saw is safest when you have a second pair of hands available. In their absence, this panel lifter provides an assist. Essentially a sturdy lever that clamps to the table edge or fence rail, it has a J-shaped hook at the end that captures the panel, keeping it stable and preventing it from tipping or twisting as you lift.

As you tip the panel onto the table, the table edge acts as a fulcrum, employing leverage to reduce effort, prevent strain, and improve control. Tension on the lifter's guide-arm is adjustable to ensure a controlled swing once the panel is released. An adhesive-backed UHMW bumper adheres to the table edge to prevent marring of the workpiece.

Made in the USA from 1/8" thick epoxy-coated steel, the lifter measures 28" and works with sheet stock up to 1-1/4" thick. To improve safety and control on the table saw, this reliable workshop helper is well worth the investment.

03k1815i.jpg

03k1815s1.jpg

Table-Saw Panel Lifter $49.50

That is a great idea, I hope the inventor makes a mint on it :thumb:

One of my saving graces here in Japan is that plywood is NOT 4'x8' but closer to 3'x6', makes moving them around in my shop a LOT easier! :D

That is a great idea, I hope the inventor makes a mint on it :thumb:...

I agree.

One of the things I really admire about Lee Valley is they find these somewhat obscure inventions and make them available to the masses. Like the ClampTite tool. I discovered them years ago at the LA County Fair. The inventor and his wife had a small booth in one of the exhibition halls. It's a simple little device, but it works as advertised. He was making them in his garage out of off-the-shelf hardware and selling them directly at fairs and other similar venues. It pleased me when I saw Lee Valley had picked up on it and was now selling it.