Incra PLR-V2 Lift & Milwaukee Router Arrived >>Starting The Build <<

Stu,

What was the key point that made you change your mind and get the Incra lift over the Pinnacle:dunno:. I'm courious because I have looked at alot of them lately and they all have good features.

Alan, the key points for me was that it is, or at least looks very well built, and thought out, I like the quick lift feature, and the micro adjust, but all of that is basically the same as the Woodpecker unit, what sold me on this one, over the Woodpecker unit is the "Maglock Reducer Rings", the Woodpecker unit has a twist and lock aluminum ring set, which I'm sure is fine, but the reducer rings held in place by rare earth magnets just looked better to me :dunno:

I have to say, it is a well built system, I should be more than happy with it. :thumb:

Stu with the router mounted on the tablesaw are you going to use the fence from the saw or make/ buy a different fence:dunno:? Loml bought me an additional fence for my saw for Christmas since I mentioned that there are times I need to use the router and the saw at the same time:thumb:. Just curious on your thoughts on this.

I'm honestly not sure, I think that I can easily fabricate some sort of second fence, but I will say I'm liking the Original Incra Jig

IJ32-2T.jpg

........this seems like a no brainer to me, I wish I'd ordered it with the lift :doh:

I think for the $60 it costs, it would be hard to beat.

But, the jury is still out on this one :wave:

hmmm.......... I guess human nature being what it is, proves that there will always be a market for items that approach objectives the same as others, but use different methods to get the same results. (In other words, what honks one persons horn may be a turnoff for another). In this case, the quality and operation of the "twistlock" inserts are one of My favorite features of the Woodpecker plates & lifts.:D