Finally I get to Gloat !!!!

Rob Keeble

Well Xmas came early this weekend. A certain gentleman arrived at my place on Saturday around lunchtime to collect a machine that I had purchased on his behalf and stored waiting for him to collect it when he could.;)

Before we could load the machine he opened the tailgate and said "well we have to offload this lot first". I said "all of it?" he said "yes what do you think i am going to do with it". Well three good loads later I had all this "real" wood. :eek:

Now for those of you who dont know up to now I have been living with plywood and HD hardwood when I have the cash and need a specific piece. Having just recently got my own jointer and moving into the shop I have been itching to get going with some real wood instead of living from off cuts.:)

Could hardly sleep last night trying to think of what to build that would be worth of this stash.:huh::huh::D:D

So a very big thank you to the "Ambassador" for not only coming by but bring me this great gift.

What a stash and a brazen gloat.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey Allen you got some competition now that i have some "Real" Wood. But i fear you are ahead of me by many lengths or should I say board feet.:rofl::rofl:

As you can probably tell I am like a kid with a new toy on Xmas day.

Attachments

• IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2802.jpg
    IMG_2802.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 51
Thats some sweet looking wood Rob. Sounds like good karma:thumb:. Can't wait to start seeing the pictures of what you are going to build.

Rob,

Congrats on your good fortune! When I was just starting to do real work, I bought a bunch of sycamore (it was cheap) as "practice wood". Lesson number one I learned: It takes a LOT of wood to make something! ;)

Oh, and get that plastic wrap off there right now! That's close to blasphemy! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Hey there Rob, what a nice load of wood and a very nice accommodation from both of you to each other. Congratulations to you both.:thumb: Don't know if that Bearded fellow is a scholar or not...:huh::D but he is Most Assuredly a "Gentleman".:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Now have some fun and make something Real Purdy.:D

Well, Rob that man is for sure a gentleman, and the good thing about him is that he doesn't care whether it is christmas or not.

Now, you've got everything you need to make great pieces, and if you don't know what to do just let me know:)

If you have problems with this wood because you're used to plywood, I suggest you stick to plywood and just send that brown wood over here. :D

Well Xmas came early this weekend. A certain gentleman arrived at my place on Saturday around lunchtime to collect a machine that I had purchased on his behalf and stored waiting for him to collect it when he could.;) ...

Wow, quite a weekend! First Larry and Tom showed up, then some "gentleman" guy comes along and brings you wood. :thumb: :p

Congrats on the lumber, Rob. :D

Norman and Toni you two have got to be careful calling people like Mr M. a I can't even type it. Thems fighten words in some parts.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I am sure he would rather be considered nothing more than a good ol boy.:thumb::thumb:
If I remember right Ol John Wayne gave more than on man a knuckle sandwich for calling him that.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maybe you're right Chuck, actually he calls himself an ole redneck!:rofl:

yuppers we dont need no fancy wordin i am jist a ole country boy that was brugt up right by me parents and was taught to respect my elders ROB:) so hope yu can make some use of it.. and chuck yu got the understadun Right:thumb::thumb::D

rob, nice 72 x42 inch dining table would be a good start.
Easy construction, most useful piece of furniture in the house, and it will be passed around for the next few hundred years.

Norman and Toni you two have got to be careful calling people like Mr M. a I can't even type it. Thems fighten words in some parts.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I am sure he would rather be considered nothing more than a good ol boy.:thumb::thumb:
If I remember right Ol John Wayne gave more than on man a knuckle sandwich for calling him that.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, but ya see, Chuck, If'n I can git him RILED up 'nuff I might git a VISIT out of 'im yet.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ('course, I Might have ta hide from him fer a while when he first gits here so's ta let 'im cool down a bit fore we could visit):rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: