Tour De Wood Freebie...

Art Mulder

Attention anyone along the 2009 Tour-De-Wood route/itinerary...

I've got a freebie for anyone who wants it. :thumb:

I was just cleaning up my shop and had an idea...
I have an old Stanley Miter Saw + Box. It's a Disston saw.

Around 5-8 years ago I was on the oldtools mailing list and they had a Christmas exchange and someone mailed it to me. I used it a bit, but almost not at all for the past few years. It's bang-on at the 45 + 90 degree marks.

miter1.jpg miter2.jpg
(second photo is a closeup of the stamp on the saw blade)

So I had the idea of seeing if anyone on the Tour-de-wood would be interested in it. Larry said he's got room in the truck. I'm his first stop so it can go along with him when he moves on from my place. I don't want any money for it, it was a gift to me and I'd just as soon pass it on to someone who wants it.

So if you're interested, Neanderthal leaning or not, speak up!

...art

ps: Sorry Stu, Vaughn, Bart, etc.... ;)

Being an old tool guy I have to say this is so tempting. But I suspect there might be someone on the route that would use it more than me. I try hard not to just "collect tools" but limit it to one that I will actually use. As much as I would love to have this, I hoping someone on here has a need for it, not a want. ;)

Very nice offer and hope someone that will really use it speaks up.

Chuck was the first "yes please", and Jay was second (in PM) so Chuck gets first crack at it. If Chuck changes his mind, well it can just keep going, as Jay is later in the tour...

...art