Guttering

Bill McQueen

I have two shop buildings about 4 foot apart. One is about 2 foot higher than the other. I am contemplating making one out of two. Here lyes the problem. They both have corrugated roofs. Can I lap one over the other with some kind of guttering system? Or am I looking at a new roof entirely.

Thanks

I have two shop buildings about 4 foot apart. One is about 2 foot higher than the other. I am contemplating making one out of two. Here lyes the problem. They both have corrugated roofs. Can I lap one over the other with some kind of guttering system? Or am I looking at a new roof entirely.

Thanks

Depends (not the ones you wear) A picture or sketch wood B nice.. A lot relys on the direction of the pitch of the roof(s) Gable to gable, no problem The larger (taller) gable spans the gap and overhangs the joinery... Side by side, then a shed roof could span the gap. Shed roofs, again the pitch direction(s) If same, then again the taller one wins and it overhangs the connection.

Yep, need a pic or drawing here to show what's going on with the roofs. The last thing you ever want to do is to create a "creek" on your roof by collecting water into a "gulley". It will leak, it's just a matter of when.
Also, what's your climate? If you ever have freezing temperatures, collected water will freeze, physically damaging everything around it.
Need more info.
Paul Hubbman

Thanks I know you need more info I took picks and the camera went south when I tried to up load them to the computer Drat! it's been going now it kown for some time now then puff it was go gone. (no it's not the batteries) I don't know if I could draw anything that you could make since of. I'll try and look for another camera that will emulate with my PC.

The gutter is exactly what I'm worried about where the two come together. I'd thought of shortening the roof on the tall one there is plenty of head room and then spanning the two with a slight pitch for water run off.

Lincoln AR mild weather (except ice storm) I thought I was back in Nam with the cracking of the trees, didn't sleep much. Glad it over.

Thanks for your input I try and get back with some picks.

My Dad did this where one roof was higher then the other. Dad was able to span 30" with 30" x 6' panels of fiberglass roofing with a light duty frame. The frame work was screwed to the fascia on the high roof under the edge of the roofing with it overlapping the fiberglass panel. On the lower side he had a real heavy duty gutter which he screwed the panel to the edge overlapping into the gutter.

This spanned between the garage & the house with a new concrete floor & both ends closed up with sliding glass doors. it made for a well lit passageway as well was a place for a small freezer & other items.

Of course you know that iif you have a heavy snow load this won't work

Last edited: