New cabinet saw

Well after many years of service, I felt it was time to upgrade. The old craftsman is history and now I will be using the new Jet 10" cabinet saw with extension table and built in xacta lift router table. I have been saving my money and finally bit the bullet. Now I just need to get my shop in order so I can start using it to wittle down my long list of projects. I can't wait to put it through it's paces and seeing what it can do. I still need to upgrade my router. I'm looking for something around 3 1/4 HP. Any suggestions?

Bobby
Louisiana

Attachments

• DSCN0154.JPG
    DSCN0154.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN0155.JPG
    DSCN0155.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN0156.JPG
    DSCN0156.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 83
Porter Cable
I had the same saw when I bought my first new saw. I was never so happy as the day I get rid of it. I went to the Powermatic 66 then which is the same as your jet now and let me tell you, you are going to be in seventh heaven now my friend. No more having to get the tape out every time you move the fence no need to measure both ends of fence to see it you have it set parallel and no more bogging down. Your going to Love that machine my friend nice score. :clap::clap:
Jay

That's a sweet looking saw, I wish the ones they sell around here were the same quality and price.

Enjoy it and make a lot of projects but SAFELY.:thumb:

I think you may notice a difference, congrats on a great machine. I run a Milwaukee 5625 in the RT extension and would buy another one in a heartbeat. I own several different brands of routers and the Mil's are a different animal in the pack. I don't know about compatibility with your lift though.

Last edited:
I think you may notice a difference, congrats on a great machine. I run a Milwaukee 5625 in the RT extension and would buy another one in a heartbeat. I own several different brands of routers and the Mil's are a different animal in the pack. I don't know about compatibility with your lift though.

That is going to added to my list soon. I have used one and really like it.

That is just about the same upgrade I'm going through, went from the DeWalt DW744 bench top saw, to the SawStop 3 Hp Cabinet saw, I've got the Incra PRL V2 router lift in the mail and the Milwaukee 5625 router on the way too.

Did you put that lift into the stock Jet extension, or is that some kind of a set up router table top and lift that fits on the Jet saw?

Are you planing on building a box around the bottom of the router lift part?

Very nice set up, congrats, you will use the heck out of it and smile each time you do! :thumb:

Thanks for the comments fellows. they are appreciated. I was able to get a little shop time this past weekend and let me tell you, it's so nice to set the fence on the mark, make the cut, and it's exactly what it's suppose to be.
I even used the router lift with my old router and it's a world of difference. The old router will be upgraded though with at least 3 1/4 HP one.

Stuart, I had the option of getting the extension with the lift ready to install. I could have made the cutout myself but I figured it was worth it to have it already done. I am planning to build some type of enclousure around the router with a vacuum port.

Bobby
Louisiana