Shop Fox Band Saw W1706

Rich Aldrich

The riser block kit arrived yesterday. The packaging was a bit flilmsy and the blade has a kink from the box being squeezed at one end. They are going to send a new blade when the saw ships.

You sure can tell that Shop Fox is related to Grizzly. The only real beef I have with Grizzly is the way the equipment is crated/packaged for shipment. Back in 2000, my G1023 table saw arrived sitting upside down on the skid. The table top was on the pallet and had several gouges from nails. The saw had tipped over at some point and they tipped it upside down and put it on the skid. Grizzly did repalce it, but it just seems like such a waste due to poor packaging.

The bandsaw is suppose to arrive at their dock today and then ship to me either today or tomorrow.

Best of luck with the rest of it.

I've heard that same lament about Grizzly for years, you have to wonder why this continues, I figure it must be cheaper (somehow?) to fix the stuff that gets damaged, than pack it properly.............. :dunno:

I will also say that most are pleased with the service they get when they have to have something that was damaged in shipping fixed/replaced, but to me the better service would be to avoid the damaged goods from the get go, but, what do I know, Grizzly seems to have done rather well for many years, so the business model they are using must be sound :huh:

Sorry for the hijack :eek:

Best of luck with the new saw.......... we expect pictures :D :thumb:

Rich, the factory blade on mine was pretty unimpressive, so having it get kinked is not a real big loss. (Still, I agree they should replace it.) Also, as I recall the riser block uses a bolt with a big ol' hex head, and it's in a position where I was unable to get a adjustable (Crescent) wrench on it. I had to borrow a big end wrench from the neighbor to get mine assembled. (Helps that he was a Snap-On dealer.)

I'll bet I know what you'll be doing this weekend. :)

I am afraid Chuck is right. I did not get confirmation it shipped from Bibb Tool and Cutter yet.:(

However, I should be getting a Ridgid Osillating spindle sander tomorrow, if a friend of mine was able to pick it up at Home Depot today.:) I will have to break it in.

Stu, you didnt really hi jack, just expanded on my issue.

Vaughan, I was thinking this would end up an emergency back-up blade.

The saw arrived today packaged very well. I was pleased.

Pictures tomorrow. I forgot the camera and forgot to take pictures in the box, but I have a ways to go in assembly. I promise pictures tomorrow.

First thing, I need to clean up a bit. One of my wall work benches is coming out tomorrow so I have room for the saw. I might pick up a mobile base for the saw - I think it will be handy. Actually, I should make a mobile base.

Congrats Rich!

If you make the mobile base, don't go cheap on the casters, buy the best ones you can afford, it will make a difference.

Cheers! :wave:

Pictures Attached

I finished assembling the saw this morning. Attached are some pictures. The bench behind the band saw, below the air filter is going to be removed and the band saw will be put under the air filter. If I put the band saw on a mobile base, I can move the band saw and roll my large, heavy work bench in this spot when I need more assembly area.

I might have flinched on that last picture :dunno: - not good sign for some one who hunts and shoots!:rofl:

Attachments

• Base Shipping box.jpg
    Base Shipping box.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 22
  • The Base.jpg
    The Base.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Main Shipping Box Unopened.jpg
    Main Shipping Box Unopened.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Band Saw.jpg
    Band Saw.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Band Saw w Base.jpg
    Band Saw w Base.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Band Saw View 1.jpg
    Band Saw View 1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Band Saw View 2.jpg
    Band Saw View 2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Band Sw totally assembled.jpg
    Band Sw totally assembled.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Bottom Blade Guide Adjustment.jpg
    Bottom Blade Guide Adjustment.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 25
Very nice addition to the shop Rich! Looking at the photo of the underside of the table they haven't changed a whole lot in the 20 plus years sense my "no-name" BS was built. Makes it a lot easier to get replacement parts. Sure comes with a nice looking fence too:thumb: It will look even better when there is a coat of saw dust on it!:D

Rich you will definitely want to put it on a mobile base. I always dreaded pulling mine out to use it till I put wheels under it. Now I don't hesitate to use it out anymore. All of my machinery is on wheels since my shop is multi-use plus it makes it easier to keep clean:thumb:.