My Albino Beagadoodle

Well I had another lamb, but my luck was not so good on this ram-lamb. First it was a ram-lamb and so nothing I can use to build my flock from. But more importantly, the lamb was not doing well so off to the Vet we went. It turned out to be nothing really. It has an infection of some kind, got some antibiotics and needed to be fed some electrolyte solution (gatorade).

Anyway as I walked into the waiting room a woman actually asked me this..."That is such an odd looking dog, what kind of breed is it?"

I should have said it was an Albino Beagledoodle, but I did not think that fast. It first struck me as odd that someone could not identify a lamb from a dog, but now I just think it is sad we are so far away from our food supply we cannot tell lambs from dogs.

Anyway I got a soft spot for this one I guess. Atlas he is a ram-lamb though so in 199 days he will have to be lamb chops.

Attachments

• BT and Lamb-small.JPG
    BT and Lamb-small.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 93
Aww...he's a cutie. LOML would latch onto him and baby him like nobody's business. There would be no lamb chops for her. ;)

One of our dogs is a strange-looking mixed breed with a chronic skin condition and a weird coat of hair. When people ask what breed he is, we say he's a Spotted Tibetan Water Dog. That shuts 'em up. :p

Phoenix Progress - 03 800.jpg

I imagine that would be the toughest part of raising sheep.

The lambs are just so darn cute...

(but tasty) :eek:

That's why I can never raise lambs, goats, calves or any other edible animal... my wife would name it, make it a pet and then we couldn't eat it.:D:rofl:

You just got to name them right...here are a few we have named over the years

Pig: Mr Bacon
Cow: Big Mac
Cow: Steak
Cow: Quarter Pounder
Lamb: Lamb Chops
Dog: Dee Oh Gee
Pig: Lassie:dunno:

Aww...he's a cutie. LOML would latch onto him and baby him like nobody's business. There would be no lamb chops for her. ;)

One of our dogs is a strange-looking mixed breed with a chronic skin condition and a weird coat of hair. When people ask what breed he is, we say he's a Spotted Tibetan Water Dog. That shuts 'em up. :p

View attachment 30251

He is very cute. Any chance the skin condition is do to food allergies?

I still remember several years ago a friend of mine had a flock of Barbado Sheep. I ask him for a lamb that I could BBQ for Easter. Barbado's are delicious and have a different taste. I get a call from him a few day's before easter and he told me he had butchered a lamb and for me to come get it. I go over to his place ready to put it in my ice chest when he hands me a Igloo Play Mate ice chest. I ask what is this and he tells me its the lamb. I look in and ask if it was butchered after it dropped from its mother. He laughed and said it was a few weeks old. Travis it was not much bigger than the one you are holding in your arms. It was about enough meat for 5 people and very delicious. :D

Alan

I still remember several years ago a friend of mine had a flock of Barbado Sheep. I ask him for a lamb that I could BBQ for Easter. Barbado's are delicious and have a different taste. I get a call from him a few day's before easter and he told me he had butchered a lamb and for me to come get it. I go over to his place ready to put it in my ice chest when he hands me a Igloo Play Mate ice chest. I ask what is this and he tells me its the lamb. I look in and ask if it was butchered after it dropped from its mother. He laughed and said it was a few weeks old. Travis it was not much bigger than the one you are holding in your arms. It was about enough meat for 5 people and very delicious. :D

Alan

Oh yes, Hot House Lambs they are called. Just like veal they are young and are fed a milk-only diet. Slaughter weight is 40 pounds so in a months time or so, they are ready to be slaughtered.