Thread: MY BOSS IS BAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD!!!!!

MY BOSS IS BAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD!!!!!

About four weeks ago, I noticed that Nova was coming out with a NEW Lathe
    #16-2444. 16" swing over the bed and 24" max when the drive head is pivoted outboard. Low speed 214 rpm. High speed 3600 rpm.

I immediately got two-inch-itus. I guess it was 4/12"-itus. I started with a Jet Mini 10" swing, then last year upgraded to a Rikon mini 12" swing. Was looking for something in a 14" when I saw this.

Now, why my boss is BAD! Last week, AFTER I worked on Tuesday, we got our first one in. He IMMEDIATELY put it together so that I would see it when I came in today. He KNEW he was going to HOOK me........................... and he did! NASTY him! LOML already ok'd the deal!

Before the end of the month, I will own one of these! Of course that means I have a Rikon for sale. It has 12 months on it and Still running great! Anyone in the neighborhood of Peoria, Illinois want it, email or pm me and we can talk!

Bruce

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Bruce,
    I anxously await your guidence . Please post picture, I feel tht e need to make bigger bowls..
    Last edited by Don Baer; 01-03-2007 at 04:23 PM.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Hey Bruce, welcome to the Nova Family!

Did you get any deal with it, like the free stand and chuck?

I saw on the Nova owners list that some are getting that great price point, the free stand (not just the legs) and free G3 chuck.

I'm sure you will really like it.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Stu. I'm getting the hollow legs that can be filled with shot or sand to add ballast plus the G3. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Don. Since the only picture I have is a Woodcraft flyer, I would direct you to either Woodcraft's Web site and type Lathe to see it or go to Nova's site.

Bruce

Just wanted to let you know------- the Rikon sold today. My order goes in Monday.

Bruce

Great! You'll love the nova. Mine is great, rock solid with no ballast.
    Richard "Butch" Leshner

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Shiverdecker View Post
    Just wanted to let you know------- the Rikon sold today. My order goes in Monday.

Bruce

Anyone we know?

Congrats!!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Fraid not, but he wants to meet me too, so he's coming down from MN to pick it up and chew the fat! I intend to unload some wood, too. (FREE of course) Need the space.

Bruce