Gives me the chills...

Reminds of when my father took me to Arlington National Cemetary when I was a child to see the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. I can still see it like it was yesterday.

To be selected to the "THE OLD GUARD" is the ultimate joy in a GI's life. But the "JarHeads" have their own team, At the beginning of Tom Cruise's A FEW GOOD MEN movie they were at Eighth and I for a marine drill team; which really weren't marines, the young men were former members of the Texas A&M Fish Drill Team in Marine uniform. Fish at A&M are first year cadets.

There are so many military heritages in the United States that need to be shown to our young people. Our future does depend on our volunteer military.

Thank you for this post ---- Ray Gerdes

1Lt. Raymond A. Gerdes USAR

Thanks Randy, Ned.

They remind me of when I was in the Navy drum & bugle corps. These guys are a lot more fancy than we were then, but that was 45+ years ago, too.

Have to agree with you too Raymond.

Aloha, Tony

Last edited:
Thanks Randy, I got to see a twilight tattoo in Washington several years ago that the "The Old Guard" did. It depicted the Army from the revolutionary war era till today. The drill team ended the presentation. It was really amazing.