Spindle sander questions

larry merlau

ok first thing, this was origanlly running on 220, a 1hp motor..
amps: 14 @120 and 7 @ 220. so i can run it either way. i have both, but alot more postioning areas for 120 then 220.. so what is your opinions on what i should run it at? next question, where is the best place to get sleve's for it, and what grit do you prefer? thansk for the help folk:):thumb:

Larry if you have the circuit capacity to run on 120 then do it. I worked in one shop were the tablesaw would always bog down if you cut to fast. The saw had 12 ga. wire running to it but was about 80' from the panel. because of the distance and current draw the voltage would drop on that long run. When I redid the connections on the motor to 220, the problem went away because the current draw was cut in half. As long as your hookup isn't to long you should be allright on 120.

That mightbe cutting it close. You can hook it up and try it. Won't hurt anything but you might be better off on 220. Before I converted that tablesaw you could hear the wires jump around in the conduit when you turned the saw on.

well i can always make another 220 circuit, :thumb: i got space in the panel and the wire is already heavy enough to do so. one more time conduit has come threw for me! this isnt a big draw machine, like a table saw is.. good thing.. wouldnt want to be slung across the shop when i hit the drum to sand a curve..:) any suggestion on grit or sleve source?