Cherry Bowls

Well finally had some time to turn. Grandson wanted poppa to make him a new cereal bowl. He has been eating out of one I made him for 3 yrs now. So poppa got some cherry logs from Missouri from a guy I supervise at work. I took the smaller logs and made these bowls. They are 5 to 5 1/2 inches across and 2" deep. Finished with antique oil like his first one.

Attachments

• Cherry Bowls 1.jpg
    Cherry Bowls 1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Cherry Bowls 2.jpg
    Cherry Bowls 2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 39
Those look great, Bernie. :thumb:

Larry, keep in mind a bowl is usually made from half of the log. It looks like Bernie oriented these so the top of the bowl was pointed towards the middle of the tree, so that part gets the heartwood and the bottom gets more of the sapwood.

Nice stuff Bernie :thumb:. Glad you found some shop time, I was getting worried ;). Your duplication skills have repeated themselves very well :rofl:

Thanks all. Larry what Vaughn said is true on how I got sap wood with the heart wood on the outside. Kinda neat.

Jim B. I have been surprised myself. This is my third set of multiple bowls. I have never measured any I have made. One is from a smaller piece but the other 3 are within a 1/16" of each other.