Cherry Salad Bowl Set

Well have a request for a cherry salad bowl set. She wants a main bowl and 8 small bowls. She agreed to $510 for the set. Here is the start. The main bowl is 12" across and 3 3/4" deep. The small bowls will be 7 1/4" across and 2 3/4" deep. These are being finished with Mike Mahoney's walnut oil. I really like the feel and the satin look.

Attachments

• Cherry Salad Bowl Set 1.jpg
    Cherry Salad Bowl Set 1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Cherry Salad Bowl Set 2.jpg
    Cherry Salad Bowl Set 2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Cherry Salad Bowl Set 3.jpg
    Cherry Salad Bowl Set 3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 32
Grats on the sale :clap:. Those can be hard to come by today. I like the matte finish too ;). I have one of Ray Key's DVD's. Lord help the man, he is as dry a narrator as a dead camel's hump, :p but he likes the dull look. That hourglass shaped mill I just sold had the same look. The grain really comes out. :thumb:

Last edited:
Thanks again. Well I sent her the same picture to see if that is what she was wanting. She said they were beautiful. She wanted to know how much time I would need if she wanted two more sets. I told her probably 3 months. I need to round up the wood, rough turn, dry, re-turn, and then finish. She said that is great and would let me know. I think I like this.

Thanks again for the kind comments.

Doug I am not sure what she is doing with them. She didn't say and I didn't ask. I figured my price and if she does sell them and make more I figure I got a fair price on my end. I charged $45 a piece for the small ones and $150 for the big one. I am turning handles on the serving utensils I got from CSUSA. They cost me $7.99 and I am charging her $30 for them with turned handles. She like them.

Last edited: