EB4424 - Yeah, Me Too [update with DC fix]

glenn bradley

I have been hemming and hawing over this for a year or more despite all the good reviews. I had built a sanding table for Grandpa's old Delta Milwaukee DP200 but I really wanted the oscillating feature. I guess this means the DP is for sale . . .

EB4424-1.jpg

The machine is quite sturdy despite all the plastic. I took it for a test run tonight and for a little more than the cost of a good circular saw it is pretty impressive. I wouldn't want to do production runs on it but . . . Oh, wait a minute; I don't want to do production runs on anything :rolleyes:.

I had planned on putting it on my fliptop stand in place of my belt/disc unit (accessories could go on the shelf below). As it is about 20lbs lighter than my belt/disc, I may just keep it under the bench . . . . we'll see.

Last edited:
Congrats, Glenn. :thumb: Mine sure is handy. I don't necessarily use it a lot, but the times I've needed it, it's been very useful..

Congratulations Glenn on the new sander. Is there something going on at HD with these sanders that I dont know about.

I have been waiting for these things to go on sale for months now and no luck in that dept but with all you guys in the US buying them I can see why.:rofl::rofl:

Guess I am the lone ranger holding out for a deal thats not coming.:rofl:

I have one too! They are so versatile, once you have one you will use it more often than you thought you might.

Rob - As they were bringing one down from the high bay I was speaking to the manager about the price. She looked up the price history on the computer and said it has never been on sale. She was able to look up the price history through the "returns" options on their system.

I have been waiting for these things to go on sale for months now and no luck in that dept but with all you guys in the US buying them I can see why.:rofl::rofl:

I have one too! They are so versatile, once you have one you will use it more often than you thought you might.

Rob - As they were bringing one down from the high bay I was speaking to the manager about the price. She looked up the price history on the computer and said it has never been on sale. She was able to look up the price history through the "returns" options on their system.

I know the feeling. I waited in vain for the DW735 to go on sale; the price just kept going up. I grabbed this since I had never seen it on sale and I have been watching for a very long time. I thought I may as well go ahead before I walk into the store and see that the price has gone up.

What's the going price on the mainland? I believe they are about 400 bucks here. Can't comment on the plastic part as the BOSS is plastic too:D Tilting table is a plus too.

Royall, I think they're about $200 here. Is Home Depot that much more expensive on the island? :eek:

I've had mine for some time too; guessing I paid around $200 for mine.

Glenn, several folks on the Ridgid Forum complained of the belt not cutting square to the table. On page 20 of the Manual you will find the instructions for squaring the table to the sanding belt:

NOTE: Use a combination square to check the angle of the front table with the sanding belt.

If the front table is not 90° to the sanding belt:

• Use the hex key provided and “back out” both set screws located on each side of the table.
  • Loosen the front table lock knob and adjust the front table 90° to the sanding belt.
  • Tighten the front table lock knob.
  • Adjust both set screws to contact the front table.
  • Adjust detent if necessary
  • Loosen the two pan head screws that secure the detent.
  • Adjust detent so that it engages the notches in the bracket table lock.
  • Tighten the two pan head screws.

Attachments

• Square Sander.jpg
    Square Sander.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Thanks for the tip Frank. In my line, folks who don't RTFM (Read That Fine Manual) before doing step one are considered quite foolish :doh:. It's just not a Tim Taylor type of environment (not that we aren't grunting at heart) :D. Complaining about a machine that you have not properly adjusted is kinda the WWing equivelant of what some of the rookies do at work; they hear about it forever too:rofl:. . . . builds character, right?

Royall, I think they're about $200 here. Is Home Depot that much more expensive on the island? :eek:

Things do get a bit spendy here but generally not THAT much more. I'll check the price again next time into HD. Heck it's usually about 6 or 6:30 in the morning when I'm in there and could have still been looking at things cross eyed and added the totals:eek::D:D

Well Rob if it serves you, you're not the only one. They don't even sell them here, so maybe we'll have to make our own:dunno:

Congratulations Glenn, I'm sure you'll get good use of it. A question if I may:

can It behave like a belt sander and as a reciprocating drum sander? or so I presume from Frank's post

Can It behave like a belt sander and as a reciprocating drum sander?

Toni, the sanders, belt and spindle/drum travel up and down (reciprocate) during use. The travel (about 1/2") is the same for both and isn't adjustable, and therefor sanding will always be reciprocating. In my post above I put a link to the manual; it shows how easy it is to change between the two sanding functions.

I've been looking at them for awhile. I'm supposed to put down a laminate floor in a couple of weeks. I think I'll use those funds to pick one up. Does it have any type of dust collection?

Oh Chuck do I detect Pirate envy there. Unfortunately for me space is an issue.

By the way guys this would not be Canada if we were not paying more at HD for something than you guys do. And that was before the exchange rate changed recently. I have not looked at them since. But when it was 1:1 we were paying around $ 245 for what you were paying $200 for.

I guess it costs that much to translate the manual into French.:rofl::rofl::rofl:.