my..OUR..heros

James,

I wasn't ever a member of the special forces but I am a veteran of the Air Force (served during the first gulf war). It's been 18 years since I wore the uniform but I still get a special little tingle when I see our men and women in uniform.

For those that are interested you can get with your local VFW or American Legion. They usually sponsor care packages for our troops that are over seas or know of a group that does. I myself still send packages to the units I served with. Even with today's communications it still makes you feel really good inside to get a care package full of things you'd like but either can't get or aren't available. It's even better when it comes from a complete stranger and there's a note attached mentioning what part of the country you're from (you don't need to give specifics if you're not comfortable with that).

http://www.adoptaussoldier.org/

The above link will take you to a website where you can "adopt" a US Soldier. There is no cost to do so.
To honor active US military personnel, Adopt A US Soldier is a volunteer-based organization that connects supportive Americans with deployed soldiers and
offers a channel by which to communicate encouragement and express gratitude to the brave men and women serving our nation.

Adopt A US Soldier is a 501c3 not for profit organization. All monies donated to AAUSS are fully tax deductible. They are dedicated to supporting our deployed troops the world over.

I've done this. Will you?

Nancy Laird
Proud wife of a 28-year veteran of the US Navy!!