Whatya Up to this weekend

I would turn something but I don't have a lathe right now. Guess I'll have to do some flat work. My daughter has patiently been waiting for her doll's chest. I started about a year and a half ago.

Since I have been away from home for 3 weeks working, I think this weekend I'll take the Mrs. out to dinner and a movie on Saturday night, then maybe get my tools and shop reorganized sometime on Sunday.

Yard and gutter cleanup:mad: ...Have to figure out a magnetic knife holder for the head chief (me):cool: ...church stuff:D ...I have guys out all over the world right now so work:mad: has to fit in somewhere. Sure hope I get to sleep in a little...the old bones is tired.

i`ll be helpin` the 14y/o pull the cab/fenders-n-bed off of the 51 so we can get the 48 cab ready to drop on the 51 frame....she worked all summer to save enough to buy the 51....it has a fresh motor, 4-speed trans, good runnin` boards, spare fenders, hood and tailgate.....i`ll bet she`ll be the only girl in her school to have built her own first car(truck):) :) .........yeah i`m proud of her but don`t anybody repeat that!:mad: ........tod

This weekend

Going with the family to the Dixon, NM art fest. We have lots of small towns in NM that are havens for artists. They each do a studio tour once a year, so you visit the studios and the artists sell their stuff. Its a lot of fun and you see places you wouldn't normally.

In the wood world, its a catch-up weekend. I'm theoretically building a dining table for SWMBO, but every time I get started I think of something I need to do first - one step forward, two steps back. I started building a mortising jig for my DeWally router, but decided I needed another jig to route the slots on the mortise jig. Stop thinkin Jess and get to work!

Maybe I'm a little nervous. I suspect that if I don't do a good job on that table I may be dining in the doghouse:eek:

I'm headed out to some kind of wine tasting thing tonight at the behest of SWMBO and then up tomorrow at 4AM to head up to the Great Smokey Mountains National Park to fish with some pals this weekend. Flyfishing that is! The wine thing is to pay my way to the "man fest in the mountains." My wife said she would give me a kitchen pass if I took her out first...:rolleyes:

Grandkids are here, so will be spending some time with them.
Need to cut some more firewood and brush.
Some shop time probably. Need to get started staining some baseboard.

Paperwork and Tree Clean-up

Well this weekend I've got paperwork and bills to take care of. And then... "if" I get finished with the paperwork and if Marty doesn't need my help with the shop I'd like to get the tree debris cleaned up from when the power company came through to install power to the shop. They cut 20 of our pine trees down along the shop driveway for their right-of-way...:mad: ... which I hated. We already cleared out (turned to firewood) over 2 acres of trees and I didn't want to lose any other mature trees. :( It's going to be cool here this weekend... good time for a burn pile... :)

Saturday is already here, and I'm working, so I don't really have a "Weekend" but on Sunday, I've got some things to do on the "Honey to do list" and I've got to get my big old butt out of bed to take the girls to ice skating lessons, at 7:30 AM :eek:

Otherwise, most of the day in the Dungeon...... :D

...take the girls to ice skating lessons, at 7:30 AM :eek: ... :D
7:30 AM on a Sunday? That's just criminal, man. :eek: I really feel for ya. :D

I've got a bunch of LOML's stuff to move from one storage locker into another (give the new pickup a bit of work to do), and a bunch of yard cleanup to do. I have about 3 or 4 various shop projects in the queue, so I hope to make some progress on one or more of them this weekend, too.

7:30 AM on a Sunday? That's just criminal, man. :eek: I really feel for ya. :D ..............

Dude you have no idea, but, I think there is a pardon about to be given..... ;)

You see the girls have Ikebana class (flower arrangement) at 10 AM, so the idea was that I would take the girls to Ice skating, wait an hour or so, bring them back for breakfast, then take them to Ikebana. The Skating and the Ikebana are in the same area, so why not just wait even longer........ well half my day was going out the window, so I suggested that my wife and two girls go for "Brunch" at a decent resturant in between the two, I'd take the kids to Ice Skating, and then come get her around 8:30AM, you know, so she could sleep the extra hour, and then drop them off at the resturant, for Brunch, and then they can train it home (only two stops anyways) so I could get on with my day.

Well, my wonderful wife, in all her wisdom said that SHE might as well just take the kids to Ice Skating and wait for them, then take them to Brunch (Girls only!) and then Ikebana...... :D

Only thing is I'm paying for Brunch out my pocket money, but it is a small price to pay :D

Well the tempature finally reached 40 degrees, time to jump on the bicycle and do 20 miles or so. Then some shop work, I got a SS Christmas gift to make.