Better Instructions

Jim Burr

Has anyone done a Pizza Cutter from CS? The directions are a little ambigous and don't really match the mount to the handle:huh::dunno::(

The cutter tangs are pivotal and flat. If I'm drilling a round hole, how is that going to fit? Should I fill the whole thing up with CA? See attached for my ??

Attachments

• pizza cutter (512 x 384).jpg
    pizza cutter (512 x 384).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 44
I think I'd just fill the hole with epoxy (probably stronger and less expensive than CA). You could also fill a lot of the gap with two pieces of a dowel cut in half, then fill the rest with epoxy or thick CA.

I agree with Vaughn and have did that same thing. Get a dowel that fits the hole and cut in half. Fit the dowels on the tangs with some epoxy. Put some epoxy in the hole and insert. Holds well.

I agree with Vaughn and have did that same thing. Get a dowel that fits the hole and cut in half. Fit the dowels on the tangs with some epoxy. Put some epoxy in the hole and insert. Holds well.

So what is the long flat piece with the two bent ends and a slot in its center for and where does it go, since it's not mentioned in the instructions, (or did I miss that part)?:huh:

So what is the long flat piece with the two bent ends and a slot in its center for and where does it go, since it's not mentioned in the instructions, (or did I miss that part)?:huh:

I don't see where they mention that, either. From the picture in the catalog, I see it's a hilt for the blade. I guess it's just a friction fit. :dunno:

pizza-cutter_l.jpg

Despite the confusion, I'll bet it'll come out pretty nice, Jim. Have fun with it. :thumb:

I made one of these a few years ago- still works and looks good. IIRC, the hole size is such that there is a a bit of a friction fit for the tangs and a little epoxy and the end cap locks it in place pretty well.

You can make also a line of small holes of a diameter about the thickness of the two tangs together and convert them into a slot, as you would do if making a tenon receptacle.