1/2 inch air flexible air hose

allen levine

does anyone know a good brand of a 50 ft or so air hose that has some flexibility, not stiff as wood, and comes on a reel?
I see tons of companies make it, but I dont really know which one is a better quality, or worth the price?(for my little porter cable pancake style compressor, the little red one)

I'm sure we all have our favorite or out "most hated". I'm gonna say Flexeel.
I put 50' of Flexeel on a hand-wind reel I got on sale at HF with 30' of junk hose on it (that I removed). It would easily hold 25 more feet and possibly more than that.

Attachments

• Flexeel-Reel.jpg
    Flexeel-Reel.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Glenn Bradley:

Thanks for the HF Hose reel idea. I'm trying to organize the garage in general and have a compressor with a quick disconnect on the tank outlet. I have to connect a hose, use it and then disconnect, recoil and hang up. For $40 it would be worth the $$$ to be able to unreel the air hose by pulling on it and use it.

They describe it as having a "hand brake". Does that work sort of like an adjustable "drag" so that the drum only spins a little when you pull on it?

A 50' 1/2" Flexeel hose goes for $100 on Amazon. Did yours balk at all when you mounted it on the HF reel? :rofl:

This place is a gold mine for even non-WW related ideas. . .

Thanks everyone and keep em coming . . .

Jim

They describe it as having a "hand brake". Does that work sort of like an adjustable "drag" so that the drum only spins a little when you pull on it? :rofl:

The term "hand brake" is a bit odd. There is a spring loaded pin with a ring on it that sticks through one of the holes provided in the side of the reel. You pull the pin back (spring loaded), turn it 90* and it locks "out". After you wind the hose back up (or anytime for that matter), you pull the pin and turn it 90* and it goes back in. It will settle into the first hole that comes along.

My hose is 1/4" x 50' as I only use it for my pin and brad guns and don't need a lot of ooomf. My little compressor would have trouble filling 50' of 1/2" hose anyway :rofl:.

I got the hose at a clearance house that LOML drug me to. It was $12. I really shoulda got another one. They had four. This is the same place that I got knives for my DW734 at about half price and some nice pulls for my shop cabinets for 25 cents each :thumb:. That doesn't happen every day.