Flat work from Frank:)

would you like to see some of Franks flat work?

• Yes, i would like to see some of the slap together stuff

Votes: 34 97.1%
  • No, i wouldnt like to see some of the slap together stuff

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

larry merlau

well i think it would be intersting to see some of Franks Townend slap together flat work as he has made mentione too previously:D:rofl: so i am going to post a friendly poll to see how many folks have the same interst as me?:)

Last edited:
watdre_3_md.jpg
higdins_3_md.jpg
wfliv_1_md.jpg

Hi Frank ( Townend).

Honestly, I hope to be able to "slap" together pieces like those someday. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
However, they show your liking for japanese furniture apart from the book "Tansu" on the nitestand of the last pic.

Although I can't tell from the pic the handles you're using look as if they were made by Avigail David is that so? If not where did you get them? I'm also a fan of Tansu and one of the problems is that I do find decent hardware.

Thanks for showing us

Hi Frank ( Townend).

Honestly, I hope to be able to "slap" together pieces like those someday. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
However, they show your liking for japanese furniture apart from the book "Tansu" on the nitestand of the last pic.

Although I can't tell from the pic the handles you're using look as if they were made by Avigail David is that so? If not where did you get them? I'm also a fan of Tansu and one of the problems is that I do find decent hardware.

Thanks for showing us

While I can only wish I could do flat work like this Tony, these are from a local company where I have purchased a few pieces. As for the handles, I'm not sure where they get them from. Over time I do do some searching for this style of hardware and when found post my results. They are "fairly" high-end, we paid about $6K for an entertainment center.

Last edited:
well i quess we need a picture of him actually stand in a shop beside some thing to help in the authenication of the pics.. seeing as how he is trying to tpull the wool over our eyes:):thumb: very nice pieces you put up for display though..