My brain is broken

Leo Voisine

Geez,

I do this so much - it drives me crazy.:dunno:

I am standing someplace, like in the shop, and I think. I gotta go get something in the house.

So I head off to the house.

I completely forget what I headed off to do and end up doing something completely different.:eek:

When I get back to the shop - I did not do what I originally set out to do - and I start the same circle again.:eek:

I think my brain is broken.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I sometimes spend a large portion of my day wrapped up in this exact activity. Here's some news - it won't get any better as you get older.

I sometimes spend a large portion of my day wrapped up in this exact activity. Here's some news - it won't get any better as you get older.

Sadly, I've been doing this since I was a teenager in southern california... but at least then I had an excuse! ;)

Now I do it all the time, unaided. Wonder if there's a connection... :rofl:

Thanks,

Bill

Bill,

Yeah - this is unaided? I think? Uhhh - what did I just get done doing. Oh yeah - I was trying to get bird food for the bird feeder.

Man - I was a teenager a very long time ago.

Now I gotta fo finish what I was working on - uh what was that?

In my job I have to quickly shift gears from one problem to another, usually from one technology to another. In order to troubleshoot the next item I have to get totally immersed in the problem and leave other issues behind. As such I've developed an extremely short attention span. Quite often I'll be doing one thing in the workshop then think of something else that needs to get done. If I'm not careful I'll stop doing what I'm doing and move on to the other thing and not get back to what I was originally doing for a very long time. I think that's one of the reason I really like woodworking. It forces me to keep my concentration on one thing for extended periods of time.

A helpful, relatviely harmless way to improve your short term memory is to verbalize. Talk to yourself and say exaCTLY WHY YOU ARE GOING INTO THE HOUSE. It might help, so even if other people think that you are going crazy, you'll have the satisfaction of at least keeping track of yourself.

Speaking of talking to yourself, it now seems to be acceptable because everyone has a cell phone. It wasn't to bad when they were talking to their hands, but it looks strange with those hands-free sets.

its one of the 3 signs of advancing years. graying hair, memory loss, and i can't remember the third, ask larry, he might remember it... :rofl::thumb:

well i least saw those two pics just before they were deleted,, so i went and took two more..the third is forgetting what yu was tryun to remeber what you had forgot,, and doing all day:)

A helpful, relatviely harmless way to improve your short term memory is to verbalize. Talk to yourself and say exaCTLY WHY YOU ARE GOING INTO THE HOUSE. It might help, so even if other people think that you are going crazy, you'll have the satisfaction of at least keeping track of yourself.

Speaking of talking to yourself, it now seems to be acceptable because everyone has a cell phone. It wasn't to bad when they were talking to their hands, but it looks strange with those hands-free sets.

now there is an idea, but sometimes it doesnt work cuz i have ahard time comunioncating with others threw my finners so how am i too understand my jabeering any better? and i dont have the mechancal thing to use as cover up.. i still look at them talking to in the store thinkun they are talkin to me and i know why would they want to do that?:rofl::thumb:

Sooo

I need to walk around and "talk" to myself.

LEO - GO TO THE BATHROOM >> NOW <<

Ok - ok but first I need to get something for the bird FEEDER!!

NO - don't you remember - you need to get the lawn mower first - stupid!

ALRIGHT - I' get the lawn mower right after I rake the leaves.

MAN - I just gotta go pee.

(shaking my fist - and pacing back and forth like a wild man)

Yeah - that's it - talk to myself.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

-------------------------------------------

I just got my Social Security Statement in the mail -- it says if I collect disability I can get my max benefit now. I just have this funny feeling if I start talking to myself - I WILL be collecting that. :huh:

I'm sorry to disagree but that is only stress.
It happened to a lot sometime ago until I learned how to manage things. You've got the set up your mind in a FIFO state and stick to it.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen to you when you are on holydays does it?

I was going to respond but forgot what the question was. ;)
Actually, that is a perfectly normal experience, especially for busy people. Having a jillion thoughts going on in yer head at once is normal. About the only thing I won't forget to get under those circumstances is another cup of coffee.

Funny,

I got in here and wondered - WHO's brain is broken - but then I remembered - OHHH - that's me. HeHeHe

Anyway - I did get most of the shop cleaned up. I have been rearranging things a bit.

I did get the yard cleaned up a bit - I picked up all the sticks and winter crap.

I did feed the birdys - they are pretty little creatures in the springtime.

After church this morning I think I need to go pick up a recliner and small table for our living room.

Whew - I wanna get back to a few shop projects.

I started a band saw box a few weeks ago but have been seriously sidetracked - it's almost done.

I also want to make a CNC bowl and need to do a little more design and programming work on that.

Well - Today is gonna be busy too.