Somebody had to start it--MSU or UNC?

The 2009 NCAA Mens Basketball National Champion will be the ...

• Michigan State University Spartans

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • University of North Carolina Tar Heels

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ron Jones

Which team will earn the title National Champion in Detroit Monday evening? I've got to go with the Tar Heels in a close one. No 35 point blow out this time. The crowd may pull the Spartans through. Should be a good one!:thumb::thumb:

Is this that thing where a bunch of growed up men run back and forth and bump into each other and get all sweaty - and try to stop each other from throwing a beach ball or something like that into a trash can with no bottom nailed way up on a pole? :dunno:

Cheesh - why don't they take up woodworking or something like that?:huh:

Leo,

Alas, it's my favorite sport to play. Those are terrible words coming from a guy who plays center, but is only 5'11". ;)

Anyway, favorite basketball quotes:

We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors. ~Weldon Drew

I haven't been able to dunk the ball for the last five years. Or for the thirty-eight years before that... ~Rick Barry

If you meet the Buddha in the lane, feed him the ball. ~Phil Jackson

And the #1 basketball quote of all time:

What is so fascinating about sitting around watching a bunch of pituitary cases stuff a ball through a hoop? ~Woody Allen, Annie Hall

Thanks,

Bill

Ron,
you left one out:

C too busy woodworking to notice. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was hoping for some sort of a "C" also...

(I loathed basketball in high school gym class. Possibly even more than I loathed track.:rolleyes: )

Of course if you want a really "exciting" spectator sport (sarcastic emphasis added) there is always poker. That one seems to be on the TV -- on a sports channel!! -- about 20% of the time these days when my colleagues wander down to the coffee club/pub for afternoon break. We all find that baffling. Possibly one of the most boring spectator sports ever.

I have to go with Michigan State. After their drubbing of UConn last night, you have to admit that they want it a lot more than anyone else. Of course, realistically, UNC will probably take the crown, but I really have to root for the underdog.

green has been looking great so far, but blue is going to end their streak.
I hope michigan makes it interesting at least.
College basketball is by far one of the greatest sports to be a fan, for the schools, for the kids, but Im not really hoping any team wins in particular, I think both teams are great.

Im still ticked at the Manning brothers for not giving me the matchup I waited so long for.

Yeah, I was hoping for some sort of a "C" also...

(I loathed basketball in high school gym class. Possibly even more than I loathed track.:rolleyes: )

Of course if you want a really "exciting" spectator sport (sarcastic emphasis added) there is always poker. That one seems to be on the TV -- on a sports channel!! -- about 20% of the time these days when my colleagues wander down to the coffee club/pub for afternoon break. We all find that baffling. Possibly one of the most boring spectator sports ever.

ummmm according to the LOML the most boring sport on TV is Golf, followed closely by Baseball (which is an issue, given that I'm a semi-serious Mets fan)... but even though I enjoy watching Tiger, and am addicted to the Mets on SNY, and doubly so that I am a curler, Curling on tv is painful to watch.

I still want a C on the poll.

Ron,
you left one out:

C too busy woodworking to notice. :rolleyes:

Actually, you left out two..

D don't care.. I'm not a B-ball fan.... never liked the game
(probably 'cause not coordinated, I'm like Gerald Ford .. as LBJ said,
can't walk across the room and f--- at the same time.:rofl:.. (the media
cleaned it up and said can't walk and chew gum at the same time))
when I played - tried to play :D - the ball had to bounce for every step
the player took, otherwise they called him for traveling... don't see
that in today's games. :dunno:

GOOO SPARTANS!!!!! I have to stick with the home team. I lived in Lansing for 30 years and my blood runs green. UNC looks mighty tough. My brain says that they will probably take the crown but, this rematch will be different from their previous meeting this last December. MSU will be rested and have their star center. They also seem to be peaking in their play. If the Spartans win I hope the fans don't burn the town down.