Fun day in the shop

Ned Bulken

My wife and I home school our youngest son, and today was my day to teach... so we built this:
builder1.jpg

builder2.jpg

builder3.jpg

just a simple birdhouse, I did all of the cutting of course,but he measured and laid it out with a little assistance, and he did most of the glue and assembully with me.

He'll paint it with some Killz later on, and then we'll put it on a tree. First of several we'll be building in the next few weeks.

That smile says it all. Well done, Ned. Times like that are the remembered ones. ;)

A suggestion, if I may... For the next project you might want find your son a small box step or riser to stand on when he's running things like the drill. (Or find a lower worktable for him.) That way he doesn't have to hold the tool so high. Also a vise or clamp to hold the workpiece would likely make it easier for him. I don't have a vise that would hold something the size of his birdhouse, but I'd put a parallel clamp on the edge of the bottom and use another clamp or two to hold the first clamp to the worktable.

Great job dad/Ned/teach. Son's smile says it all!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Bluebird boxes are cool also, they will over time allow you to open the box and view the nest and little ones. So could be a science lesson to go along with the math lesson.

Ohhh Yeahhh

TREASURE these days - for tomorrow they will be gone forever.

I loved the times I had with my son and daughter when they were younger.

Now they are married and I still love them and their spouses dearly - but life is dirrerent now.

Your pics are SWWEEEETTT!! :):):)

A treasure for sure.