Vacum table

Is this simply a vacuum bag with a flat rigid base?
I'm guessing it would need to be pretty large and incredibly durable if you're going to fit furniture tops in it. For flat tops, i'd imagine the contact cement route would be as effective and a lot simpler. Even for deco waterfall tops, it seems that it would still be a good way to go if you supplement it with some bow clamps and a few cawls.
I'll be following this thread. It sounds like your vacuum setup would not be on the "cheaper" end of solutions.
paulh

I don't have a table, but i do have a press with a bag.

The table, as I understand it, is a perforated surface that you set your stuff on. Then a "lid" is placed over it - this lid is a frame with bag material held inside it - think screen door, but with a vinyl sheet instead of screen. Ya put yer piece on the table, shut the lid and kick on the vacuum. The perforated table is where all the air goes and the plastic sucks down on it just like a regular bag. The benefit of this is that you don't have to wrestle around with a bag trying to slide things dripping with glue awkwardly into it and whatnot.

It's nifty ... if I had the space for one, i'd probably build one. Dave, you've checked out Joewoodworker.com, I assume, yes?

Ditto on Jason's recommendation of Joewoodworker.com. I got part of my equipment from Joe. My pump setup is featured on his customer page.

Depending on your budget, an option for the bag material is heavy clear vinyl from a fabric shop. It's much cheaper than the material I've found online.

Ditto on Jason's recommendation of Joewoodworker.com. I got part of my equipment from Joe. My pump setup is featured on his customer page.

Depending on your budget, an option for the bag material is heavy clear vinyl from a fabric shop. It's much cheaper than the material I've found online.

Another recommendation for Joe Woodworker's site.

If you have a Hancock Fabrics near you, it's a good place to buy vinyl. I bought 60" wide, 20 mil (0.020" thick) clear vinyl there for under ten bucks a yard. I got the glue and fittings from Joe WW.