Reproduction carving?

Al killian

I get back to the shop today and find the bottom half of a buffett sitting their.:huh::dunno: I asked the wife and she said one of the regulars wants me to bring back to life. It is made from ro and date stamped 1933 june. Will get pics when Mark show up in a few minutes(shop tour,pen blanks). I would like to find some one with a cnc router to do some carving reproductions. The ones on the doors are gone. The only thing I have to go on is the witness marks left from where it sat for 60+ years.

Bee Bop Bee Bop Beee Bop this is the picture police calling :rofl::rofl:

Al what about placing a piece of parchment paper over the missing area and doing a tracing of the space to get the edges and dimensions then copying the tracing off onto a board that you will scroll saw to fill it.

I guess this is something like the inlay work that Dewey does?

Here are the pics of the hutch.
015.jpg

022-1.jpg

017.jpg

Born on date.:D
013.jpg

If you want to have them truly simmetrical, draw a center line on the motive and on the paper,and align them, trace only the best half, then fold the paper by that line and trace the second half from the first one.

Or make cardboard template from the first half and flip it to trace the other half