My playground

doug frazier

this is a work in progress. i have a 35X50 out bldg next to my house thats only purpose in life is for my woodworking (no wife boxes).

pic 1- i have 2 48x96 work tables with drill press, chop box, band saw, edge sander, and jointer close at hand. lumber and sheet good storage is just out of picture to left.

pic 2- looking away from the left table in pic 1 i have a table saw w/ slider attachment and my wide belt to the right of the tablesaw. i have 3 9'x8' doors in the shop one to the left of the table saw and 2 to the right of the wide belt.

pic 3- the "big three" as i call them because of the space they need for infeed and outfeed. wide belt, planer, molder. in the far corner of the bldg. behind the plane in the pic i have my 8'x8' semi-dust free office. the door in the pic on the far right is my bathroom. behind the book case i have my dust collector and shaper.

pic4- the "big picture" with my butt to the bathroom door. you can't see it but h have a 60 gal compressor to my left by the bathroom.

in the middle of the shop when i took the pictures was a mahogany book case i was finishing up for a friend. i still have to add an edgebander, lathe, and a vacuume bag set up. i have everthing on the dust collector and would like to add some of the hanging filters. the have 10' clearance on the outside walls and in the center i have 15' so i can do my stairs in the shop with hand rail and have room.

I'm still working on getting it set up the way i want. i have wanted a shop that was not so cluttered for a long time. but i think i am pointed in the right direction. i just hope it is big enough by the time i add my toys to still work in.

doug

for some reason my picks wont post up. it tells me i need to log in and i am. i dont know???

Are you trying to upload attachments via the paperclip icon at the top of the "Message" window when posting?

or are you linking to pictures on another site?

give us a bit more info and we'll see if we can help you out.

paper clip and trying to download from folder on my computer. i changed size to conform to requirements of web site. it acts like it is down loading then tells me i have to log in to access that function but i am logged in already.

Vaughn McMillan,

paper clip and trying to download from folder on my computer. i changed size to conform to requirements of web site. it acts like it is down loading then tells me i have to log in to access that function but i am logged in already.
please pick up the white courtesy phone.:wave:

Doug, I just checked and everything looks on order in your user account. You might try logging off the site, deleting any FamilyWoodworking.org cookies, and try logging back in again. If that doesn't work, e-mail the pics to me and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on. :wave:

Here are the pics. I had to increase the compression on the fourth one, as it was a bit bigger than the 150 KB limit.

shop1.jpg shop2.jpg shop3.jpg shop4.jpg

Even with the one oversized picture, the other three should have uploaded fine for you. You mentioned in your e-mail that it seemed to be timing out on you. Are you on a dial-up connection by any chance? Other than that, you've got me stumped. :dunno:

Great-looking shop, by the way. :thumb:

that is one i made. woodworking is all three for me my hobby, my paycheck, and my life. my wife says she can tell when i dont have anything going in the shop. that is my personal shop i work for a local millwork company as a installer to make ends (mdf and plam).

Nice shop Doug! Hey, regarding the pics, make sure the address you are using is familywoodworking.org (no www. or .com). I've see some issues with going to those addresses and getting the login screen.

nice shop doug!!! and looks like a great job on the entertainment center,,is the stairway in your avatar one that you made? if so very nice..also the next time you get out in your shop could you post a close up of the drying rack i think i saw in the pics... :thumb: thanks for the pic and welcome to the forum.

the stairway is one of mine, i dont know if i have a pic of it finished, the painter made the stringers look like stone. as far as the rack i am not shure i have one i think i will have to get you one. i have had this one for a while and it works well but it takes up a 4'x4'x6'6" area. i can put more on it then i care to sand it a day but it keeps my tables freed up.

nice shop doug!!! and looks like a great job on the entertainment center,,is the stairway in your avatar one that you made? if so very nice..also the next time you get out in your shop could you post a close up of the drying rack i think i saw in the pics... :thumb: thanks for the pic and welcome to the forum.

this is about the best i can do for you. my rack is out on loan.

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 54