Kitchen cabinets stained!!!

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Been a while since I have posted anything on my kitchen so here goes. Lower boxes done and drawers complete and Installed, upper cabs DONE :D Now onto the lower cabs doors and the fronts for the drawers. Pics are just a few of the cabs due to a very small shop, they all can not be in there at the same time. There are 11 lower boxes and 12 upper boxes total.
OH and the last pic is a glue up for my sons project, I will let him make a thread of his project, so GET IT IN GEAR JIM :D

Thanks for looking :thumb:

Tom

Attachments

• Base cabs 1.jpg
    Base cabs 1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Base cabs 2.jpg
    Base cabs 2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Cabs 4.jpg
    Cabs 4.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Drawer dovetail 3.jpg
    Drawer dovetail 3.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Cabs 5.jpg
    Cabs 5.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Cabs 6.jpg
    Cabs 6.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Cabs 7.jpg
    Cabs 7.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Cabs 8.jpg
    Cabs 8.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Jims glue-up.jpg
    Jims glue-up.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
wanna come hang out with me and help me put together a kitchen anytime soon?

I dont have the guts to even attempt to redo my way overdo in need of a makeover tiny kitchen.

Last edited:
well Mr T yu coming along just fine my friend:thumb: and that funny looking flecking should cover up when yu paint them:) when i get back and yu need help hangin ,,holler.. loud and with the aroma of bells:D

OOOOOH I like the joints there Tom. The rails and stiles look like they are 1/4 sawn oak is that correct. What are you going to finish them with.
I love QSO.

What a large project to tackle. I am not that brave yet.:D

Nice looking work Tom! Love the dovetails.:thumb: I'm going to have to try dovetails again some day... Just never could get mine dialed in.:eek: I understand about running out of room when building boxes.:D
Thanks Royall, I used a leigh super 18" jig and I really like the results
good work tom, can't wait to see the finished kitchen!:thumb:
Neither can the LOML:p:rofl:
wanna come hang out with me and help me put together a kitchen anytime soon?

I dont have the guts to even attempt to redo my way overdo in need of a makeover tiny kitchen.
Allen, Allen, Allen, you are so far ahead of me its not funny, you can SO handle a kitchen, just remember, this is my first woodworking project :wave::
lookin good tom. if i was closer you could use my second floor for storage.
I wish you lived closer also, thanks :thumb:
well Mr T yu coming along just fine my friend:thumb: and that funny looking flecking should cover up when yu paint them:) when i get back and yu need help hangin ,,holler.. loud and with the aroma of bells:D
HOLLER, HOLLER HOLLER :D:thumb: You can count on it bud:thumb:
OOOOOH I like the joints there Tom. The rails and stiles look like they are 1/4 sawn oak is that correct. What are you going to finish them with.
I love QSO.
Thanks Rob, I love QSRO also, the entire kitchen will be QSRO
What a large project to tackle. I am not that brave yet.:D

Soooo much nicer than my 25 year old frame and skin kitchen originals. Great looking work there sir.[/QUOTE ]

Thanks Glenn, a 25 year old kitchen is what I am replacing :p

Big and great good looking project Tom! And I'm complaining about the 88 pieces of my dresser, I'd better shut my mouth after seeing this:):thumb::thumb::thumb:

I look forward to see it finished.

BTW Those dovetails are not hand cut, are they?

Really nice looking Tom! Just don't let Larry near them with that paint brush.

OH NO no paint to these, a nice medium cherry stain will be used to match the countertops of butcherblock Jarrah

Big and great good looking project Tom! And I'm complaining about the 88 pieces of my dresser, I'd better shut my mouth after seeing this:):thumb::thumb::thumb:

I look forward to see it finished.

BTW Those dovetails are not hand cut, are they?

Thank you Toni, no I do not have your hand skills to hand cut tails, I used a Leigh jig. Yes I look forward to be finished also, this has been a long project so far and I have many other woodworking projects I want to do that are waiting on finishing these

Thanks Rennie :thumb: I know when you are ready to make your new kitchen, it will be a dandy :) OK you know what I am up to Soooooooo...........what is this new project your working on:huh::dunno: courious minds need to know:D

SUPER nice work on those, Tom. IF this is your FIRST project, You MUST be a Fast Learner, 'cause I sure believe you've Got the Hang of it.:thumb::thumb::thumb: They should be REAL Beauts when you get the finish on.

...just remember, this is my first woodworking project :wave:

I'm finding that hard to believe. :rolleyes: The cabinets are coming along very nicely, Tom. Like others have mentioned, I also really like the dovetails on the drawers.

Larry was telling me he figured that purple enamel would not only highlight that jarrah countertop, but it'd help hide all those embarrassing ray flecks in the quartersawn oak. :p

There is nothing that says quality like a well crafted kitchen. Very well done Tom, love the design and execution!

I'm finding that hard to believe. :rolleyes: The cabinets are coming along very nicely, Tom. Like others have mentioned, I also really like the dovetails on the drawers.

Larry was telling me he figured that purple enamel would not only highlight that jarrah countertop, but it'd help hide all those embarrassing ray flecks in the quartersawn oak. :p

Trust me folk, when tom says its his first attemp at wood working it is,, but you have know tom like i do,, he defines the word perfectionist.. he and i have been friends for a long time and he had these cabs started before i was aware of it..i mentioned i was in a forum one day, and he asked to see it and some of what i had done. we both didnt know the other was in to wood working:) and the rest is history.. he's doing very well in the learning curve:)