Apple chunks avail for PU in SE MI if anyone's interested

Doug Shepard

In Memorium
A smallish apple tree got cut down in my yard todaY. I've laid claim to a few flatsawn slabs and 2 round logs for cutting later into quartersawn wood. I dont think the rest is all that usable for flat wood but if there are any local turners that would like some of the other pieces, I could set them aside for a few days otherwise they're going to get taken for firewood. There are probably 6-8 pieces 12"-16" long of varying diameter from 8" down to 5" or so. There's also a roughly 8" tall bulge of burl or something at the base of the stump that might be worth salvaging if you want to chainsaw it out at ground level. That's probably 12"-14" diam. The stump grinder will probably pulverize that mid-week unless somebody beats them to it.

PM me if interested

hey folks if you would like some of dougs apple wood i am gonig to be right next to dougs area on the thursday evening of this coming week as i start my tour and so i could deliver some of this for you from doug... doug my one daughter lives in sterling hieghts so i can be be the delivery guy real easy!!

Larry
It might be all gone. Brent Grooms PM'ed me and I'm waiting to hear back from him. He's only about 3 miles or so from me, so he may beat anybody else to it. I'll update the status on this as soon as I know something.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but if any other SE Michigan folks want some clean box elder wood (some with pink/red streaks), I had a tree downed last year and still have a lot of wood. Well worth it for turners!

Wish I lived closer to SE MI. :(

hey doug yu do:) i am going to be in sterling hieghts on thursday evening, if it could be gotten to that area before then i can bring it along on my tour i am headed south on friday am:) the tour begins then.. not sure where oaland is in realtionship to sterling heights but i have a sonin law that lives in royal oak that could possibley get it and bring it to me on thursday

Rich, Larry,
If it can be arranged I would love to have log or a couple of half logs. Not sure how you have them cut. I don't hear of much BE here in KY and really like what I've turned to this point.

Spent a summer in Novi, Crystal Lake, Bogie Lake. It will remind me of lots of memories.
Thanks guys for making this possible.

Rich, Larry,
If it can be arranged I would love to have log or a couple of half logs. Not sure how you have them cut. I don't hear of much BE here in KY and really like what I've turned to this point.

Spent a summer in Novi, Crystal Lake, Bogie Lake. It will remind me of lots of memories.

hey doug yu need to get in touch the toga fellar cuz i dont know him at all and see if we can get it set up!!

hey doug yu do:) i am going to be in sterling hieghts on thursday evening, if it could be gotten to that area before then i can bring it along on my tour i am headed south on friday am:) the tour begins then.. not sure where oaland is in realtionship to sterling heights but i have a sonin law that lives in royal oak that could possibley get it and bring it to me on thursday

Rich, Larry,

I'm about 15 minutes east of Sterling Heights (via 59) and 15 minutes north of Royal Oak.