Curly Jarrah Cutting board

You know, those jointer marks might sand out of the wood if you'd try. :p

Just kidding, that's some serious curl. :thumb: I don't think I've seen any jarrah with any curl. What little I've used was pretty plain brown stuff, but nice and dense for cutting boards. Yours looks awesome. :clap:

Well belive it or not this is just another cutting board made out of scrap. this was going to be chopped up and thrown out.:eek:
so I grabbed it like I allways do and made something good out of it.:thumb:

I couldn't bring myself to cut on something that looks that nice Jim:thumb:. I myself find it almost impossible to throw any scraps away. Just recently some of the scraps of cherry I had that was to small to do anything with I used to smoke some ribs with on the grill. Sort of like having your cake and eating it to:rofl:.

all of the counter top that my dad and I are making out of Jarrah is all Scrap. like 8to 12' scrap that I ran to 1 x 1.750" I resaw it from up to 2.5" and that is considerd garbage:eek:I just don't understand. so I run it all and make it into a countertop we love the butcher block effect and I think that it will look great. we will post some pics at a later time but take my word it will be awsome:thumb: the counter top final thickness will end up to 1.500"

Last edited: