Sea Biscuit update

Jeff Horton

Remember last weeks story about Sea Biscuit?

dog-on-coot2.jpg

No response to the ads. No missing dogs reported to the shelter. I had basically given up. Last ditch effort to find her owner was to have her checked for a micro chip. But those are extremely rare in our area. But I wanted to do everything I could before I found her a new home.

So I stopped in the vets office and they scanned her and it beeped. They looked at each other funny and the more senior kid ;) said, do that again. So they do and by golly she had a chip. They said that was the first one they had EVER found!

They contacted the phone number which I assume the company that sold the chip. They found the number and said they would call back. I assume they try to contact the owner rather than give out the information on the owner. So I am waiting on the phone call but looks like Sea Biscuit is going to be reunited with her owner.

That's promising news, Jeff. :thumb: One of our dogs, the stray that showed up one morning under our shrubs, is chipped. Animal Control tried to contact the owners, but they never responded back. (We suspect they didn't want the dog back due to his medical problems.)

What a little cutie!

My two tell me that they think you should get her a Nylabone Durable for a going away present. They also say that you should send them each a 25 lb bag of kibble for giving you such a wonderful gift idea. :huh: :dunno: :rofl:

Thanks for taking care of her for her little vacation!

That's neat! Be sure to let us know if the owner shows up, and how the dog reacts to them.
We started chipping the rescues about a year ago. We bought a bunch of chips at a reduced price, and we got a scanner free. I don't even know where it's at or what it looks like! LOML has it somewhere.
Thanks for taking care of the little one. She sure looks right at home with you on the water! Jim.

No, Chuck. We have more than we need now. She isn't street smart and that means I need to keep her tied up which I hate. Nothing but cattle fencing here and I am not going to fence my yard.

I have had 3 offers for her a home among the kayaking buddies. The first that offered would give her a great home if the owners don't want her back for some reason. She is good dog and very trainable. I am impressed with her but just not a good fit in our house. So she will go to someone else. Hopefully they will call back tomorrow and I can talk to the her human.