Nikon Telephoto Lens

Chris Inch

Hi everyone. I just listed a lens on eBay and I wanted to link it here just in case anyone was interested.

Nikon 70-300mm telephoto lens

The lens is a 70-300mm lens and I'm getting rid of it because I haven't used it in about a year. It's in perfect condition. At the time of this post, it's only $15. There's no reserve on this auction.

It's good for taking macro/closeup photography of small things as well as long distance telephoto pictures. It should fit any Film or Digital Nikon SLR.

Hi everyone. I just listed a lens on eBay and I wanted to link it here just in case anyone was interested.

Nikon 70-300mm telephoto lens

The lens is a 70-300mm lens and I'm getting rid of it because I haven't used it in about a year. It's in perfect condition. At the time of this post, it's only $15. There's no reserve on this auction.

It's good for taking macro/closeup photography of small things as well as long distance telephoto pictures. It should fit any Film or Digital Nikon SLR.

Even though I already have one for my Nikons, there was a time I would have jumped at a deal like that. But, I haven't used my film cameras for a couple years. In a way, I miss using them but, fact is, digital has it all over film for many reasons. Economy of usage the biggie.
$15.00 for the lens you are offering is almost bringing a tear to my eye.

Even though I already have one for my Nikons, there was a time I would have jumped at a deal like that. But, I haven't used my film cameras for a couple years. In a way, I miss using them but, fact is, digital has it all over film for many reasons. Economy of usage the biggie.
$15.00 for the lens you are offering is almost bringing a tear to my eye.

Why not upgrade to the digital SLR Frank? Should be able to use all the old lenses with the new digital body.

$$$$$$

Need I say more?
Actually, I am very happy with my Sony DSC-H2. It does everything I ask except is lacking on true macro. I hope to replace with the new Olympus before long.

It took some wonderful pictures of Hawaii. Anyways, it takes someone that knows how to use it in the first place, and you've got that down. I looked at those a couple of times over and enjoyed them each time.

It took some wonderful pictures of Hawaii. Anyways, it takes someone that knows how to use it in the first place, and you've got that down. I looked at those a couple of times over and enjoyed them each time.

Thank you. Actually, the camera is what I call a 'mid-range' SLR. It is more camera than the teensy point and shoot jobbies. It does not have interchangeable lenses but, using the viewfinder, it is a single lens reflex. I rarely use the LCD screen. Old habit, I guess.
A big reason I eschew the more professional DSLR cameras is the handiness factor. My son has several Nikons that are in the same class, price wise, as a nice sports car, complete with motor drive and El Giganto zoom lens. It flat-out weighs a ton. Plus he carries a tripod and a monopod wherever he takes the camera. (actually, his twin sons have the 'honor' of carrying those)
My camera weighs under one pound, I have one of those handy harnesses on it that hunters use for binoculars. I can carry it virtually anywhere with ease and my hands are still free. The built in stabilizer (pretty much) substitutes for a tripod. At full zoom, it has the equivalent of a 420mm lens. Many of the shots you saw were at full 12X/420mm zoom and didn't show any camera shake. Yep, I like it and am a devotee of the modern digi cameras. And, this from a guy who started as a professional photographer at age 13 with a Speed Graphic.