Swap Goodies

i got the box from don today:D:thumb: didn't get a chance to open it yet (its that whole silly getting ready for work stuff:rolleyes:) i'll open it and post a pic or two when i get home tonight.:thumb: once again, thanks to don and the rest!:clap:

well, i got home, and opened the suspiciously heavy package. :D
sure enough, there was a note from don, mentioning that he thought the item was a bit undersized for the box, and he added some 'packing material' to keep it from bouncing around... :D:thumb::rofl:
i know i'm gonna have some fun with it before it goes on the display shelf of the bookcase, and i know i'll get a more than a few funny looks from the wife while using it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
i'm sure i'll find something to make out of the packing material, and i'm curious as to what species those 2 odd bits are. they could be that rare bit of lumber call corian... :huh::dunno:
once again, thank you don for your generosity, and k-l for her help with this.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

(jes sos larry don fee tuu bed, ib teckin in a pik az wel)

Attachments

• IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 28
That's quite an assortment of turning stock. :thumb: I give up, though, what's the round brown thing in the lower left of the picture?

that is the official item, a top. until i figured out how to use it, i almost held the string, and threw it to the floor, like the tops we used to have as a kids. but upon closer inspection, it doesn't work quite that way.

Glad you got it

Hope you can use the wood. The top works by holding the round knob on top, pull the string and lift the knob off. It will spin for several minutes. It's made from Brazilian Cherry (Jatoba). I get newel post offcuts from a friend.

Have fun !