vacation: day 1

Dan Noren

Staff member
worked on the picture frames, should have them ready to be sanded by tomorrow. i've tapped them together with the help of the persuader, and added the african mahogany inserts. if lucky, i should be able to route the rabbets tomorrow as well.

got all the parts for the foot stool cut to size, now i just have to transfer the lines for the lifts, and the cutouts. once the leg parts are glued up, i can cut them to thier proper sizes.

with the cherry i had left over from the foot stool (how can one accidentally buy too much?), i cut a few of the parts for the table that was inspired by a greene and greene lamp.

the only other project for this week is the set of five poster frames for the sis in law. just waiting for her to buy the lumber and the backing, then its off to the races, as they will need to be dyed, stained, and shellaced to meet the desired color.

here are the pics: the picture frames, the foot stool parts, the table parts, and last but not least, the persuader... :D

Attachments

• picture frames.JPG
    picture frames.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 63
  • foot stool parts.JPG
    foot stool parts.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 43
  • table parts.JPG
    table parts.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 40
  • persuader.JPG
    persuader.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 46
vacation: day 2

got the cut lines drawn on the parts for the foot stool, and glued up the leg parts. not much else done, as the weather was cold and rainy today. at some point tomorrrow, i will be picking up the lumber and other stuff for the sis in law's poster frames, and will get the cutting to size, mortising, and tenoning out of the way, along with other stuff not gotten to today.:(

vacation: day 3

another wonderful woodworking day today. cold, rainy, and really windy out there all day today. sis in law couldn't get away to get the wood for her project, hopefully tomorrow. supposed to be much nicer out tomorrow as well. here's a pic of the foot stool legs in the clamps. if we get the lumber tomorrow, and the weather cooperates, i'll be a busy monkey tomorrow, and there will be more pics.

Attachments

• leg blanks.JPG
    leg blanks.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 21
vacation: day 4

well, the sun is shining, the clouds are gone, the birds are chirping. the foot stool legs are out of the clamps. definitely gonna get some woodworking done today. now if the sis in law makes up her mind... lol :bang:

vacation: day 4 cont...

got all the pretty cuts done on the foot stool. spent a couple of hours at hd selecting the best 12 ft boards for the sis in law's frames. here's a pic of the foot stool as it stands right now. more pics tomorrow...

Attachments

• foot stool pretty cuts.JPG
    foot stool pretty cuts.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 18
vacation: day 5

well, got a fairish amount of work done today. got all 5 of the poster frames for the sis in law cut, mortised, tenoned, and assembled (and i have the pics to prove it). got all that done in roughly six hours. tonight i plan on sanding and assembling the 2 picture frames tonight. plan for tomorrow is to route the picture frames, route the poster frames, and get more done on the foot stool. so much to do, so little time... lol
the pics are: 1, start of day, 2 the boards, 3, cut to length, 4, all mortises and tenons cut, and 5, all frames in clamps. yep, they some big frames:rofl:

Attachments

• start of workday.JPG
    start of workday.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 22
  • the boards.JPG
    the boards.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 22
  • cut to proper lengths.JPG
    cut to proper lengths.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 20
  • all mortises and tenons cut.JPG
    all mortises and tenons cut.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 22
  • all frames in clamps.JPG
    all frames in clamps.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 23
they're talking about how tomorrow and friday are going to be in the 80's around here. :eek: not sure about how tomorrow will be, but they have been talking about thunderstorms for friday, some possibly severe (anything to keep me from my woodworking :rofl:).

since the sis in law wanted me to keep track of how many hours i'm putting in on her project, i told her today that i've got seven hours in so far, one yesterday, selecting the lumber, and six today, working it. she tried to tell me that the one yesterday didn't count, i told her that it did, since it was time spent working on her project. :thumb:

they're poster frames allen, and yup, they some big ol frames. the closest one in the pic of them in clamps, is the one for the sis in law's poster of deniro in taxi driver. that poster alone is about 5 ft tall by about 4 ft wide. i think it may have been a theater (theatre, for our canadian friends) size poster.

Ils sont des Allens de cadres d'affiches, et ouais, ils quelques grands cadres d'ol. le plus proche l'un dans le pic d'eux dans les serre-joint, est le l'un pour le sis dans l'affiche de la loi de deniro dans le conducteur de taxi. cette affiche est seul à peu près 5 ft grand par à peu près 4 ft large. je pense ce pourrais avoir été un théâtre (le théâtre, pour nos amis canadiens) l'affiche de taille.

so there!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: