EEE ?

Frank Fusco

At our woodturning club yesterday, we had a demo by a member making decorative (not for use) rolling pins. He turned then sanded to 400 grit. Then he applied EEE with a paper towel. The results were dramatic. Even with walnut, the wood shined up real fine. I was very impressed. I didn't get a chance to ask him questions about the EEE. Is this stuff intended to be a final finish? If so, is it durable? e.g. how would it last on pens or other objects that are handled? (I'll probably ask this on a pen forum also.)

EEE is not a finish. When I first started doing pens I used it followed by shellwax but found it did not hold up. Now I still use EEE but follow it with a ca finish and have good results.

I pretty well use EEE on everything I do as a final polish prior to final finish. Its handy especially on friction finishes as you buff them up with EEE to give it the extra lustre or run over lacquer to give that deep polish look rather than the plastic look of straight from the gun.

Would not be with out it :thumb:

I use u-beaut's eee and shellwax cream on my small box's it gives a superb finish which has stood the test of time and is still as good as new.
I really like it on dark woods like African blackwood
I always apply it with a 6" loose leaf mop
not the best pic but heres a box i did recently
DSCF5214-1.jpg

I have a tut on this box if anyones intrested

I use u-beaut's eee and shellwax cream on my small box's it gives a superb finish which has stood the test of time and is still as good as new.
I really like it on dark woods like African blackwood
I always apply it with a 6" loose leaf mop
not the best pic but heres a box i did recently
DSCF5214-1.jpg

I have a tut on this box if anyones intrested

I'd definitely be interested in that tutorial, George. Thanks for the offer.