I did some turning today!

Stuart Ablett

Yep, I did, I had a buddy drop by and he needed a hand, so I was able to help him out......................
lathe_whats_it.jpg
...........anyone have a guess as to what this is?

:D

I'll give you one clue, it is made from Stainless Steel :wave:

Not sure, like the others. If the tailstock end was tapped to fit a headstock spindle, I would think it could be used as an "extended faceplate drive". Possibly as a way to get at the bottoms of boxes or small natural bowls? Never tried either, so it's a shot in the dark.

Glenn

My guess is the "hand" he needed was attaching an aluminum ring or brushing to the top of the SS shaft. (or driving something into the bottom.) No turning involved, just pressure from bringing the tail stock up.

Well, that Motorcycle part is right, but not much closer than that :D

This is a baffle for the muffler, my buddy recently bought a new to him bike, a Kawasaki ZX-10, and it has this ear-bleed-loud little stubby MotoGP type of exhaust, so he needed a baffle for it. He found this one, but it was just a bit too large to slip into the pipe, so I turned it between center cones and took car of that, I just used a straight scraper and sharpened it a lot :D

lathe_whats_it_2.jpg
There the baffle is installed.

Here is the bike............

lathe_whats_it_3.jpg
...... that is one sweet ride!

My buddy is one heck of a rider, fast and good, but he says that this bike scares him, the power is just simply stupid :eek:

It will do 120 Km/h in first gear, no problem (about 75 mph) :headbang:

Sure is a sweet ride! :thumb:

Yep, that is the turning I did today :D

Still working on the backbench for the SawStop, but this was a nice break and a good chance to visit with my buddy.

Cheers! :wave: