NOVA Lathe Is Finally Home!

Well, I finally got my new Nova 1624-44 after being on layaway for about 6 weeks! I brought it home and set it up this afternoon. Seems like quite a cool tool. I didn't turn on it for very long, but I roughed out a couple spindles and messed around with rolling a few beads, etc....

Right now I am gearing up for an inexpensive promotional campaign which involves making a bunch of prototype turnings for the architectural market. I am trying to start an architectural turning business, and with this lathe I can do the spindle work much more efficiently. (My big lathe doesn't have a proper taper in the headstock, nor does it exceed 1300 rpms very easily.) Can't wait to make some finished spindles!

Hutch

Nova lathe is finally home

WTG Matt,hope you like it as well as I like mind,I think you made a good choice.Let me make a suggestion before you get to carried away.Check all nuts an bolts.Check both your pullys to make sure there lined up and check the set screws also.Some times they may miss one or two.Good luck.

Lathe? what lathe?, I didn't see any lathe nor any prototypes for the architectural market...:dunno:

Even so, congratulations for your new adquisition, I wish it will give many hours of enjoyement and good busssines as well:thumb::thumb: