wooden clay pot hanger

bob martini

hi all! does anyone have or know where i can get plans or template for a clay pot hanger? i saw them at flea market years back. they are pieces of wood that can be different lenghts with fancy notches cut out to hold 8 or 10 inch clay pots. it sounds simple to make but not for me without a pattern. thanks bob

I didn't find plans, but...

2638567_s1_i1.jpg

hangers200.jpg
Hanger_flowers_300-442.jpg

frank your plant hangers are real nice. they are exactly what i am looking to build, but cant figure out how to cut the part where the pot hooks. thanks bob

I'm with Dan, Bob.

I would take a clay pot and trace the outline of one side on to a piece of cardboard. Think of the traced outline as the line to cut in the wood.

Use a razor knife to cut the cardboard and see if it "holds" the pot.

You don't need to cut the entire line, just enough to hold the lip and a few inches down the side.

The pictures should give you an idea of how much wood needs to touch the pot to hold it securely. The first and third pictures look like they use the same design, the second picture seems like a different design.

Try your designs out on "cheap" wood Bob. Believe in yourself Bob, I think you will find the sweet spot in no time.

The black is the pot, the red is the holder.

Attachments

• Pot Holder.JPG
    Pot Holder.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
Bob,
I finally got out to the shop to look for the pot hanger..
I traced around it on a piece of graft paper and scanned it.. not sure I can upload the file because of the size, so put it in my photobucker..

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/OZMANDUS/Pot hanger/

The scan came out about 1/2 inch longer than the actual and I haven't figured how to reduce back to size... you might be able to copy the photo and resize on you machine to actual size.

The hanger is 11 inches over all in length and 1 3/4" at widest part. The one I have is resin and designed to allow them to be linked in a chain so you could hang several together.

Hope this helps.

Wish I could take credit for the design... I don't remember where I bought it. I picked it up to use as a pattern, but haven't tried to do any yet. My scroll saw isn't working right right now.. the slow speed is faster than the high speed.