Manual for Ryobi 16 inch scroll saw

Dan Thibert

A friend gave me a old rusted Ryobi scroll saw which needs some help getting cleaned up but still works. There was no manual with it and I could not find one on line.

I figured most every thing out, but it had two sets of different blades with it. One set has catches at both ends that hook into the upper and lower arms. The other set of blades is simple straight metal blades a bit thinker with no catches. I am not sure if these blades just do not go with this unit, or if there is another was to attache the blade?

Thanks again
Dan

From the drawings it looks like I may have the SC160 since the table is rectangle and not rounded.

No part number anywhere on the saw?

I have only found the parts diagram, but I am at work and a bit busy. I realize you have done an extensive search; maybe send RyobiUSA an E-mail as ask them where you can get a manual.

I called Ryobi and they are sending me out a manual at no change :D:thumb:

Now all I have to do it take it apart and clean all the rust off of it, which there is alot.

Still have to figure out how to attach the straight blades to it, seems there is an addapter and I beleive I at least saw one peice. Time to look at this freebe a little more carefully.

Thanks
Dan

Last edited:
Other than being able to put the blade into a smaller hole ios there any real difference between using the straight or pinned blades? Sears has a variaty pack of pinned blades for $12 and I an thinking I will just pick those up.

Seams there are two blade adapters that come with the unit in order to use straight blades and one is missing. (anyone have a spare) :dunno:

This unit is old and pretty rusty but I think with a lot of elbow grease and some TLC it will come back to life for a while anyway.

Thanks
Dan