37.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1521.JPG
    IMG_1521.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5052.JPG
    IMG_5052.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 56
Hi Dave

I would love to catch one of those. I prefer fly fishing personally but any fishing will do for me when its possible.

My ambition is to fly fish for Tarpon and Bone fish off Florida someday. Maybe I will get it right when I am 90.:rofl::rofl:

Would also like to visit Queen Charlottes lodge up north of British Columbia but thats a 3500 dollar excercise. There they catch wonderful salmon and huge halibut.:thumb:

From what i know there are quiet a few fisherman in the family. Seems like woodworking, hunting and fishing go together.:D

Nice catch(es) there Dave. Would like to get up there some time do some fishing in the lakes. Mostly all I get time for is to do some fly fishing with my Dad down in Southern Missouri once or twice per year. Hopefully we'll get the house sold in the next few months and I'll be making more time for that. Thanks for the inspiration! :thumb:

Wow Dave, them is some fish! :thumb:

I grew up doing a lot of fishing, in creeks, rivers and lakes, we caught a lot of brook trout and fried them up in just butter with salt and pepper! :D

Last summer we went to Canada on a family vacation, took the kids fishing in the creek at my uncles property, just sticks with a line, hook and a bit of bread dough........

erika_fish.jpg
My eldest daughter with some of the fish we caught that day!

I used to tie my own flies, and did a LOT of lake and river fly fishing.

Cheers!

my son Jarrod who works in the shop with a crapie on the 40 acre pond in Va.
IMGA0831-1.jpg

Catchen Helermites
IMG_2289.jpg

bass fishing on the C&O canal
IMG_2206.jpg

Jacob, Jarrod & me on the farm pond in Va
IMG_1995_1.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

I love to fish. Never had the chance to fish any of the Great Lakes and I have never caught any fish like you have pictured in the first set.

I am primarily a salt water fisherman but I don't get to go as much as I used to when I had more time and more money. About the only thing I have ever caught on a fly rod in salt water were some big bluefish in the Chesapeake Bay many years ago when we were messing around. I like to catch King Mackerel, Wahoo, cobia, flounder and small trout, spots and croakers.

In fresh water I used to do a lot of fly fishing for crappie, bream and largemouth bass. I have caught a few bass over 9 pounds with my personal best at 10 1/2 pounds but that was almost 35 years ago. I haven't caught a big bass in a long time.

The wonderful thing about fishing is that you don't have to catch fish to have a good day. I have had more good days fishing than I have had good days catching fish.;)

You bet, I just picked up a rain suit today cause I'm sick of waiting..........Just one fish from a recent outing on a local stream. We've gotten about 3 inches of rain in the last week so everything is high and wild. Been thinking about bagging some crappies on a local lake until the streams get wadeable.

Attachments

• img_2383A.jpg
    img_2383A.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 19
  • img_2381A.jpg
    img_2381A.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 15
a snook, a red, and a trout wading first thing in the am on glass flat water. it dont get no better...........

ps we call that a "bay slam" for you fresh water fellas.

have wet a few lines

been fishun in alaska, northen quebec,ontario many years,the great lakes many inland lakes in the michigan, the gulf coast and the gulf the keys and in missisppii and alabama and few others in the us.. so yup i like fishun too. and for many differnt speicies.

I don't know if you all heard about to 2 drownings in the Potomac river over the weekend but they were fishing near the Chain Bridge where the water is fast the river is narrow and up to 150' deep. It's said that sturgeon inhabit that area or they did at one time.

You've done now. I'm gonna have to go wade in and get some Reds and speck's in. Sorry Dave, I don't sushi anything except to feed it to bigger fish. I either put em on the grill or put'em in the smoker.:bow:

Going oversized sturgeon fishing first of June, I'll get some pictures of those monsters up here.

Where is "up here"?
FonDuLac, Wisconsin has a huge sturgeon (double meaning there) population. Catching them is big sport there.
I used to swim with them in Lake Michigan when I was a kid and the water was clear. Don't know of the lake supports them anymore.