We have any fisherman here

Looks like I'm going to get out my pictures and scan some to post. Fishing (and spearfishing) was my main passion until I moved away from the San Diego 5 years ago. I have a long way to go before I spend as much money on woodworking as I did on fishing. Most of my good pictures are prior to the digital age though; hard copies.

I used to fish 3-4 days a week even after I got married, if you can imagine that. I worked mid-night shift and the wife worked days. I got so run down one time working and fishing (getting sunburned) that I got real sick and my doctor put me on sick leave. :rofl::rofl: I ended up going fishing too recuperate, but was able to catch up on sleep.

One of the most memorable fishing trips was with 3 of my 4 brothers. We drove down too Florida to visit our brother and spent many days and nights pier fishing. A few nights we would get a bucket of chicken and a case of beer and spend some quality time fishing for whatever felt like biting. My crazy brother from Texas put a jalapeno pepper on his hook and promptly caught a flounder. I loved the fact that one fish might be a little pin fish and the next would strip out line like a freight train and see ya later. :D Michigan has a lot of top drawer fishing but ocean fishing sure has variety. Some day I plan on doing the 3 day gulf fishing boat thing with the Florida brother. I also have some cousins down there, one of whom has a nice boat and is always bragging about fishing the Atlantic. He has given me a standing invitation so I better get her done some day. :D

Where is "up here"?
FonDuLac, Wisconsin has a huge sturgeon (double meaning there) population. Catching them is big sport there.
I used to swim with them in Lake Michigan when I was a kid and the water was clear. Don't know of the lake supports them anymore.

Columbia river, divides Oregon from Washington, I live in Vancouver Washington which is basically a suburb of Portland Oregon.

Doug , my brother in Sarasota tell me the best way to eat Red, snook and trout is SUSHI, do you agree?

Love SUSHI

i have to say that i am only C.P.R. and cant answer your question. i will say i have never heard them and sushi in the sentence:dunno:. i lived in sarasota for 20+ years before i moved to al. 4 yr. ago.

doug