Woodcraft - Wixey Dual Display Fractional Caliper

I have one of those. The battery died... :doh:

And my very cool digital angle gauge? That battery died too... :doh:

So now I'm thinking of getting their digital router lift indicator. Think the battery will die? ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Wow Bill, it's a shame they don't sell batteries in your neck o' the woods. :p

No worries, though. I hear the router lift gauge has the new Mr. Fusion™ batteries that never die. :thumb:

Bill, the batteries in all my Wixey stuff (except the items I got straight from Barry) were either dead or very weak. I did learn that saving a buck on replacements was a false economy. The cheap ones died within a few months. The Duracells are (dare I say it?) still going.

Yep a great deal. I did ask the maker of the wixey products why there was no AC adapotor and was told there was no need for one.:dunno::huh: It wouod be nice to have this one the planer heigth guage. I did add one of these calipers to my order, hopefuly the batery last awhile.

Bill, the batteries in all my Wixey stuff (except the items I got straight from Barry) were either dead or very weak. I did learn that saving a buck on replacements was a false economy. The cheap ones died within a few months. The Duracells are (dare I say it?) still going.

Me too, I now use Duracells. This has to do with the type of lithiun technology used and the consequencial internal resistance and open circuit cell voltage. :(

Me too, I now use Duracells. This has to do with the type of lithiun technology used and the consequencial internal resistance and open circuit cell voltage. :(

"......consequencial internal resistance and open circuit cell voltage."

Rob, as a moderator, I must warn you, you cannot use language like that here. Just think of all the iggerant minds you are confusing out there.
:rofl::rofl:

Wixey is a good company with quality products.

That being said I am very happy with my $20 Harbor Freight 12" Metric/SAE Decimal/Fractional calipers.

It was said somewhere else on this site most of the measurements we make are relative, being that we measure and transfer, rather than perform low tolerance measurements.