Quilt Rack

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a simple quilt rack for anyone that is interested (Larry, calling Larry, Randi may be interested). It was a simple project, but keeps our family room tidy. This one is just made from clear pine.

Attachments

• IMG00117.jpg
    IMG00117.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG00118.jpg
    IMG00118.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG00119.jpg
    IMG00119.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 50
Hi Darren

I like them both, the rack and the quilt. I know you made the rack but who made the quilt?

The wood does not appear as pine in the picture so its not easy to tell. What finish did you use given quilts are going to hang over it?

Hi Darren

I like them both, the rack and the quilt. I know you made the rack but who made the quilt?

The wood does not appear as pine in the picture so its not easy to tell. What finish did you use given quilts are going to hang over it?

I think my wife bought the quilt at a crafts show, she's not a quilter. The finish is minwax Puritan Pine stain and a semi gloss polly, nothing special. I have been using the Puritan Pine on all of my projects, even had all the trim and floors in the house done using it, so everything matches real well. I didnt' build the kitchen cabinets, but did build the coffee table, end tables, and sofa table.

Attachments

• kitchen.jpg
    kitchen.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Formal_Family.JPG
    Formal_Family.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 33
Wow Darren, this post couldn't have come at a better time! I'm planning on building one of these for my mother in law for her birthday later this month, getting the lumber for it tomorrow, think I'm going to build it out of red oak. Mind if your design is stolen? Looks pretty straight forward and is something I can do with the tools I have on hand.

Her and my wife are both big quilters, so I'll probably do 2 at the same time, one for each of them.

Wow Darren, this post couldn't have come at a better time! I'm planning on building one of these for my mother in law for her birthday later this month, getting the lumber for it tomorrow, think I'm going to build it out of red oak. Mind if your design is stolen? Looks pretty straight forward and is something I can do with the tools I have on hand.

Her and my wife are both big quilters, so I'll probably do 2 at the same time, one for each of them.

Not at all. I don't have any formal plans that I can recall, but can take some measurements for you if it would help. Let me know.

Just the over all design is perfect Darren, I'll come up with some measurements and make them work. There are so many out there that I've looked at nothing jumped out at me, but I do like your's...so...I'm stealing it :rofl:

Nice work, Darren. :thumb: It would go well in our house, since all the wood trim is stained with Minwax Puritan Pine. :)

yu all rang????

hey darren yu woke me up,, wont be showing that to her ,, i got enough to do already:) but sure looks like it would work well ...i am afreaid to go home she has been on a two week excursion in the quilting cirlcles... i might not have any shop space left:)