Anyone for Inlay and period furniture

Rob Keeble

Hi All

Daves post on the glue sent me on a tour. Initially to the Old Brown Glue site since there is convenience in liquid hide glue. Then I found this guys site and boy was so blown away by a couple of tables I could not believe it. So I thought I would share them here:

http://www.wpatrickedwards.com/Html/Table.htm

Note the price tag at the bottom the two tables are to be sold together and the price is $150 000. After all the work I would think so.

http://www.wpatrickedwards.com/GalleryOW.htm#

This is real inspiration for a hobbyist woodworker. To aspire to make a piece of furniture even a small percentage like this is a great dream.

This should really apeal to Dewey Torres with all the inlay he has been doing lately.

Is there anyone on the forum that does this kind of work or even close to it.

Hope you find it as interesting as I did. Looooong Waaay to go for me.:eek:

Rob,
As a matter of fact I am working on a Morris Chair...

Yes I do still do flat work. :D

It has a matching set of inlays based off of designs by Harvey Eliis. They are not copies but I used elements from the originals to make my own design. I created a white oak leaf motif on each of the middle side slats of the chair and have a twin leaf design motif on the front stretcher. This work is not completed .. maybe 2 / 3rds.

The inlays you post above have more of a federal feel which is far more intricate and time consuming than what I am doing with my chair. I could do that type of work but it takes a very long time to complete so I try to find a a balance.

You are correct in that the work in your post do appeal to me and I had not seen then before so thanks for sharing.

Rob,
As a matter of fact I am working on a Morris Chair...

Yes I do still do flat work. :D

You holding out on us Dewey. I dont see no pictures. :rofl: You going to post it? Or is it like Larrys current location secret.:D

Guess you have seen the Morris chair in the latest edition of Fine Woodworking? I am thinking of building this one from the wood Larry gave me. How do you think it would look in Walnut as opposed to quarter sawn oak? Would be a stretch and a half for me right now.:huh: