Grizley OL' BAR' Come a callin'

Sorry Bart - not mad Jack - A Very Tired Larry - headed home.

He had to drive 7.5 hours just to get here.
LarryM1.jpg
Guess what his First request was - War's the outhouse? We're not quite That rural. We do have city water and sewer. 3600 people live in what we like to call our quiet bedroom community.

Sat around for a while chewin' the fat. Showed off some things I've done. (In the back of my mind I KNOW that I'll get a turning tool in his hand)

Went down to the Cave to look around. I used him as an outrigger for my table-saw and made 18 11" X 11"X 8/4 Cherry. Then I started talking up turning - the natural relaxed feeling you get. The quick turn around time to finish a project. You spinny guys know what I'm talking about. even get to the point where I think I can get a tool in his hand! YEAH RIGHT!!!! I find out that the fantastic MR.G. can't get him to fall in so I give up.
LarryM2.jpg
We talk some more and I explain that I'm trying something I haven't done before. Combine turning and carving on a lidded box. Well, I got goin' way to fast and screwed up the original idea, or the wood decided it didn't want to be that. It is now going to be a lidded goblet.
LarryM3.jpg
Had a nice dinner - LOML is a GOOD cook!

True to form, the country boy was yawnin' by 10:00 pm and we sent him to bed. Up this morning for Bruce's Blue plate special breakfast, then sent him on his way. another 7 plus hours to home. Hope he makes it ok.
LayyM4.jpg
Had a pleasant time with him and appreciate the chance to meet him. (He gave me a hat to say that.)

Bruce

had great time with yu folks bruce,, and listeing to your stories of the past and present was great..you never really know someone till yu set down and listen to there stories,,you cant judge one form the cover its what is inside that counts and shows the true color...

I first read this post very early a.m. yesterday in a pre-caffinated condition and thought ye were really talking about a bear.
I'm with the program now (sorta) and now know ye really were, but another kind. ;) Good description.
Looks like y'all had a great visit and I'm sure Larry's trip was success.
Very sorry we missed him. That's life, we had to leave the day he arrived.
'Nuther time.

Sounds like a great time Larry. I've meet allot of guys around the country on hunting trips that I have meet on forums and your right about the stories and what is inside the cover.