Linda, LOML - August 19, 2009

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
First, my apologies to Royal for borrowing and changing his thread title. Our stories are so much alike I did not think he'd mind. He and I, and a few others, have been in contact as this developed. This will serve as an update to them, but news to all others.
[FONT=&quot]We learned this past week that Linda has contracted a particularly aggressive form of multiple myeloma, a cancer that effects the plasma in the blood. Although treatable, this form of cancer is incurable. This came about very rapidly having not been visible on x-rays taken in March. However, by the end of April an MRI showed multiple tumors on her spine.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We begin tomorrow with a three pronged approach including IV Therapy, radiation, and steroids. The prognosis for the next 2+ years is good, though a recurrence is inevitable. The primary concern now is to prevent further damage to her spine as every vertebra has a tumor and one has totally collapsed. This seems the be the primary cause of her constant pain. Once the cancer is ‘under control’ spine surgery will follow to try and repair the damage done by the tumors.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Linda is in good spirits and is up to the fight. Please remember us in your prayers.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Rennie,
We definitely will keep your family in our prayers also. My wife works at Providence College & when something like this happens she has her Priest friends say special prayers for them. She will talk to her friends to say some prayers for your & Royalls family.

Man this stuff really hits me hard.

Again - my heart goes out to you.

Diane suffers with a disability.
Not always life threatening, but it could take her at any time.

I pray.

I know how it hurts.

For you - I pray.

Linda, LOML

Rennie,

Our thoughts go out to you and Linda. Man, this is getting tough to keep hearing about, but I guess it's all part of our lives. I wish Linda the best. Stay strong for her Rennie.

Aloha, Tony

My deepest sympathies to both of you in dealing with this challenge. These troubles we all face seem to remind me of several biblical stories.
Everytime one thinks they have it tough you only need to look at your neighbors situation and you find you woulf not swap their challenges for the ones you have already.

I get lost for words to describe thoughts here. Prayers are with you and Linda.

P.S. My wifes name is also Linda. :D

Keep your chin up bud.:thumb:

Rennie, that is very sad news. I am so sorry for you both.
Prayers will go up for you both.
I know you are surrounded by many friends who will give you strength and love. God bless.