Linda, LOML - August 19, 2009

Rennie, I too am saddened to read this. Rest assured, she is at peace and pain free. I bet right now she is rejoicing and singing with the angels! Find comfort in your family, both those in the flesh, and those of us you only know electronically. Jim.

Another family member contacted me via PM with a very touching story of how he shared my story with his wife and how it effected them. It moved me so that I responded with a long and heartfelt reply. I will not say who it was, but I'll take this opportunity to say that I hope it is OK if I share a portion of my response here. Following is that response.

"Everyone has said, "just let me know if there is anything I can do for you". Well, there is something you, and all the others, can do for me. Hug your spouse, tell them you you love them, and promise you will be there for each other when the other needs you most - and pray with me that that time will not come for a long, long time."

I so appreciate the outpouring of prayers and condolences from all of you. Thank you. Now, before it is too late, sleep a little closer tonight, smile at each other when you awake, always put your needs second to theirs, and don't ever miss an opportunity to tell them that you love them.

Another family member contacted me via PM with a very touching story of how he shared my story with his wife and how it effected them. It moved me so that I responded with a long and heartfelt reply. I will not say who it was, but I'll take this opportunity to say that I hope it is OK if I share a portion of my response here. Following is that response.

"Everyone has said, "just let me know if there is anything I can do for you". Well, there is something you, and all the others, can do for me. Hug your spouse, tell them you you love them, and promise you will be there for each other when the other needs you most - and pray with me that that time will not come for a long, long time."

I so appreciate the outpouring of prayers and condolences from all of you. Thank you. Now, before it is too late, sleep a little closer tonight, smile at each other when you awake, always put your needs second to theirs, and don't ever miss an opportunity to tell them that you love them.

Renie,
I too have shared your emotional journey with my spouse. We have been together for over 36 years. I cannot picture going through life with out my soul mate.
I appreciate your sharing your grief with us, your extended family and hope that having us here if only in cyber space will bring some solice in your time of grief.
As other have said if there is anything we can do to help please don't hesitate to speak up. One thing that should be learned from this is that we are indeed one family. I will hug my Sherrie a little longer and harder tonight. Once again our families prayers are with you.
God Bless

Don