Need tech/sound help

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I know a few of you are into using your PC to record/edit sound, so here's a question for you.

I record our church service sermons and upload them to our website each Sunday. I've been using Audacity for about a year and have had it crash many times as soon as I stop the recording. Nothing like recording for 20 minutes and then have it crash without notice.:bang:

Lately it's been crashing about 50% of the time. I've looked around for other free downloads but few, if any, can save to an mp3 file.

Are any of you aware of a free/low cost program that is not so volatile? I'm running Vista premium.

Audacity is the only one I've had experience with, but I haven't had any crash issues. I wonder if it's a Vista thing?

Hi Rennie,

I've used N-track for a long time. While it does have problems if you try to load it down with lots of VST plug ins, if you run it with just a couple of plug ins, I only have the equalizer and compressor plug ins on mine, it runs smooth as silk. Best thing is, the gentleman that writes it is very responsive and there's a forum of extremely helpful people should you have any problems. All that and it's only $64 to purchase new. Check it out;

http://www.ntrack.com.

+1 for audio grabber.

I used to use it a lot to convert snippets of live music from tv to mp3's.
Thing like the CMA Awards or the Grammy Awards. Record it and then convert the good live songs to MP3.

Oh darn - that might be illegal - I mean it's capable of doing that . . . Yeah, that's what I meant.

Jim